Superior Carriers 2012

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ped

ped Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Congratulations Dad. I look forward to hearing how it goes at Carry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Great. Hope it works out well for you. Looking forward to following that thread.

4. CornerCarver

CornerCarver Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2007
    running a twisty road
    Congrat's and be safe

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    5/7-5/12

Left out about 4 am Monday with an out and back dedicated run. I had never done this one before. You pull a dirty tank to the Transport Services terminal/tankwash in Loudon, Tn get it washed out and load Fructose Corn Syrup across the street. The tank wash took about an hour and the loading about 45 minutes.

I made it back to Winston Salem before running out of hours. Delivered the load Tuesday and ran an hourly paid local caustic load up to Ridgeway and Va.

Spent Tuesday night at the house. Wednesday I grabbed a preloaded trailer of Deet ran that out to St Louis.

It took about 3 hours to unload it Thursday morning and I was tankwashed up to Markham. There were tons of trucks there so I settled in for a long layover after arriving around 18:30.

About 14:00 Friday I got a message to pick up a loaded trailer in Kankakee at 21:00 Saturday. It delivers in Greenville SC Monday morning. Looking at my layover hours I realized the pick up time for that load was exactly at the end of 10 hours of unpaid time. Thought that was a little too
    coincidental.

I decided to head to Kankakee Saturday morning at the start of those 10 hours for a change of scenery, and to see if my load was sitting there early. Sure enough there it was. Looking at the travel order it had been there since 13:00 Friday.

They set my pick up time to minimize layover pay on the back end. Didn't work this time. I grabbed it and should be able to pick up another 5-6 hours of layover pay out of it.

Pretty much a BS move by dispatch unnecessarily requiring a driver to drive late at night and screw him out of some money in the process.

6. ped

ped Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    It's bad enough that you get stuck in Markham for over 2 days on layover pay instead of running some miles, but to then time the pick up that way is low. Glad you were able to pick it up early.

7. steel wheels

steel wheels Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2010
    NJ
    Funny how they all say that there not looking on how much money your getting paid,they don't have a problem trying to screw they driver out of it.Glad to see you were able to make it work for you.Hope they pay out on the back end.

8. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    kankakee and markham, two reasons i don't work for superior anymore.:biggrin_25513:

9. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I will say this. I didn't call Jeff and talk to him this time like I normally do. I just waited for the qualcomm message. It was so crowded in Markham I didn't want to bother him. It is possible the computer sets the trailer pick up times. Just be aware of it SPCR drivers.

10. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    how crowded was it in markham. did you stay out of the bs room.:biggrin_2559:

11. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Packed. They had to pull chairs out of the showers. I spent a little time in there. Several new O/O's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted