Superior Carriers 2012

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 7, 2012.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    5/14-5/18

Got the Kankakee load off Monday morning in about 2 hours and was tank washed back to High Point. Got home around 14:00. Ran a dry bulk dedicated out empty back loaded to N Chicago and back Tues-Thurs. Got home around 18:00 last night and am off today with about 18hrs left on the 70. I will ask to go back out this weekend after the 34 but would be OK with a little less money and a 3 day weekend at home.

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Hope to be joining your company soon. Passed the driving test Thursday the 17th. Have to go take the agility test and DOT physical one day next week hopefully. Lack of trainers will be the biggest hold up.

4. kurbski

kurbski Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2008
    NE Florida
    Hey Rob, I dont think I have seen a superior truck pulling drybulk unless it was a daycab out of Lakeland with an armadillo sulpher trailer.Havent been on here in a long time and still hanging in there doing OTR tanker yankin. Been considering starting a thread, but we only have 3 terminals, 30 drivers and not many of them visit the forum because most hate computers and are ready to retire.lol.

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Its all dedicated drop and hook for us. I wouldn't begin to know how to unload one. I see Carry trucks pulling them. There used to be a guy on here that pulled some out of Paulsboro/Baltimore. I believe he said a couple of years ago that we lost the account to Bulkamatic.

What company are you working for these days?

6. kurbski

Jul 6, 2008
    NE Florida
    I delivered starch dry bulk for Carry. Been with MILS, Miller Intermodal for a year now and dont plan on going anywhere. We have 3 terminals (TX,FL,TN). I pull alot of resin out of FL and run the SE, up to IN,IA,IL and out to TX mostly.Home alot,nice trucks and they preplan us a week in advance. I saw you were on a 34 in TX a while back. Did you go to the caverns? I have been down that way and its always nice to do something different if you out running the system. I asked to help out in TX for 3 weeks because we are busy and I guess they cant get any drivers out there. You having a hard time filling up the trucks?

7. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That was about a year ago Sonora Tx. I chose not to mess with dropping the trailer to check out the caverns. Went to a rodeo and walked around down town the next day. They were having some kind of local festival. I checked out a museum where they were having a bluegrass band play.

8. kurbski

Jul 6, 2008
    NE Florida
    I like Texas, bluegrass,BBQ and rodeos, so I could easily move out there but still have one in high school, so getting homes a priority. Went to a Rockets game not long ago and down into the Harwin shopping district in Houston on another break. Going to hit China town soon. Pretty soon it will be football season. Go Bucs lol

9. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    5/21-5/25

Been a P&G dedicated gravy running week for me.

Headed out Monday morning with an empty that loaded in Plaquemine La Tuesday morning. Dropped that load on the yard Wednesday and grabbed another empty that is being loaded as I type this in N Chicago. Got to spend Wednesday evening at the house. Should get this load back to High Point sometime Saturday. It doesn't deliver until Tuesday so I will get the holiday off unless they have a local guy deliver it to keep me running.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    5/26

Just got home a few minutes ago. Not going out again until Wednesday. I am one of the last drivers back and there is not as much freight out with the holiday Monday.

Had a small problem. I tried to get an air leak fixed in Jeffersonville at the TA. You could hear it pretty well with the engine cut off and it would drain the secondary air tank in about 5-10 minutes. No problem when the engine was running since the compressor had no problem keeping up. The TA worked on it for about 3.5 hours before telling me they couldn't get to it to repair it and that I would need to go to the International dealership. They were going to be closed all weekend so I decided to run it on back to the terminal and pray I wouldn't get a DOT inspection. The mechanics assured me it wasn't a problem with the brake system and thought it was related to the transmission splitter lines. Made it back incident free. I kind of figured all the scales would be closed for the holiday and the only way to catch this is with a full blown level 1.

Looking forward to a few days off after running all but 2 hours of my 70 out last week.

11. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Maybe check the airbags. This was happening to my trainers truck but no one could ever find it. Now it is finally an audible leak when the trucks off, and its an airbag. They are fixing it Tuesday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.