Superior Carriers 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 3, 2013.

1. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    What costomer do yall load from or deliver for the most...we usually load at a big plant in houston and go to a small plant to unload

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I have only been there once. I slept on their yard before delivering a load the next day. I met a couple of people there. They seemed like good people. I have no idea what its like to work there.

As a side note a poster here told me once his dad was the terminal manager there. He was running out of a west coast state. Can't remember his handle.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Weeble Kneeble Thanks this.
  4. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I would rather not get into customer names. We have 3 rather large accounts out of my terminal and a bunch of smaller ones. One we transport product made at one plant to another plant within the same company. Another we carry product made here all over the country and unload it. The third we carry raw materials from a bunch of places back to a plant that makes several consumer products.

5. fred92

fred92 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Maine
    Thanks for the response. They had a job posting in craigslist up here a couple months ago, guess my timing was off because I haven't seen any more. Won't hurt to call though. Seems like a low turnover rate.

6. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I understand that....we load pretty much every where in Houston and Pasadena...I've only delivered to 1 big chemical plant and that was in nj,I carried some jet fuel to Oklahoma one time,that was kind of a strange load....I try my hardest not to go load any way lol....epically if it's corrosive I don't like putting on that dang suit lol....I seen a dude that had a slicker suit look like a lab coat....I think I'm going to invest in one of those....do y'all pull waste water out of here

7. Weeble Kneeble

Weeble Kneeble Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rip City
    Rob was right. My dad is the terminal manager in Auburn, ME. I can tell you that he is looking to fill spots, and that he can only hire so many students straight out of school per corporate. Being able to go to Canada isa plus. Hope this helps.

wsyrob Thanks this.
  8. fred92

fred92 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    Maine
    Thanks Weeble good to know. Getting into Canada is no problem for me so I'll be calling him for sure.

Weeble Kneeble Thanks this.
  9. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    i delivered to the paulsboro,nj refinery, i never trhought there was such a security risk as the amount of armed security people at the front gate at shift change. i mean black suv's and the long guns. definitely not a place to act crazy.lol.....

realsupatrucka Thanks this.
  10. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Wow that sounds crazy. I wonder what the hell they were refining there... The only place I've seen with armed guards was at a prison work camp I made a delivery to. It was a minimum security facility with the work camps between the gen pop fenced in area and the outer fence. So i had to drive my pumpkin through the main gate between the guard towers to get to the fill line. Sadly I did not remember to bring any cigarrettes for the prisoners working at the camp.

11. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I delivered to a gun powder plant once where they assigned a fire truck to me. This guy followed me to the rack and hung out there until I was unloaded.

7/10-7/13

Wound up with an extra day off last week. Headed out last Thursday morning to Plaquemine. Dropped that load on the yard Saturday and doing it all over again on Monday. Hopefully I will get 2 loads this week to recoup a little lost revenue from a 7 day 4th of July weekend.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.