Superior Carriers 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 3, 2013.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    High Point

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Managed to get my trailer to pass inspection Tuesday. Got another load right back. This trailer is dirtier than the last one. Spent 1.5 hours on top of it before it swabbed clean. Wish me luck in the morning.

4. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    As much trouble as you have down there, they might as well have you run it by the tankwash before even attempting to load. They wouldn't even have to wash it in High Point.

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    We had more trouble with the other tank washes. Last one I had rejected flunked twice. At least this way we get to do the final prep. That is better to me than not knowing until it's rejected. Since I got my pole set up only the first one was rejected and I should have worked on it a little longer.

6. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Whoo hoo !!

Trailer passed getting loaded now

7. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    That place must be very strict

8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Extremely. On the positive side they do a great job of buttoning up the tank so you don't get a leak. They pressure test from the bottom on inspection and from the top after loading. I have had them change a clean out cap gasket after loading because it failed the pressure test. That would have been a leak you would have been dealing with down the road.

08/09-08/11

Got home Saturday afternoon with about 7 hours left on my 70. Last week was good. It will be around a $1700 gross check. Not bad for only sleeping in the truck 4 nights.

Next week I will only get 1 load. Heading back down to Plaquemine Tuesday for a Wednesday morning load. Got a wedding to go to Saturday and will take my son back to college Sunday.

realsupatrucka Thanks this.
  9. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    8/12-8/17

Wound up getting the trailer rejected so it took 9 hours to get loaded. I spent 45 minutes swabbing it with my pole set up early in the trip. It was raining when I parked for the night so I wasn't able to do it a second time. This one wasn't as dirty as the one last week so I thought it would be good.

Realize dirty is a relative term. These tanks are clean and were it not for a white rag test would be loaded anywhere else in the country. All the tank wash did to "clean" it was swab the tank again and reseal it. Oh well. I was only going to get 1 load this week anyway after asking for Saturday and Sunday off so it just made for another $120 in next weeks check.

I got home around noon Friday and don't go back out until early Tuesday morning when I run up to N Chicago to grab a liquid zag load. I will have one of those white fiberglass tanks if you see me.

10. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I just found out that there is s quala wash right down the road from Schneider s slc OC and we have some trailers there. Id live to kbow where they delivered to

11. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Are you with Superior or Schnieder? I believe I washed out once at that Qualawash a few years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.