Superior Carriers 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by wsyrob, Jan 3, 2013.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    8/19-8/21

Pretty boring uneventful week. Headed out early Tuesday morning, loaded at 6 AM Wednesday in N Chicago and dropped that load in Brown Summit Thursday afternoon around 1PM. I am off Friday and will probably head back out Sunday to add another day to this work week.

I was talking to dispatch today and we are adding some more dedicated freight. We are going to spot some trailers at a plant less than 5 miles from the terminal and run out and back to Jefferson City Mo. That is around 890 miles 1 way so it looks like another nice 3-4 day run. It will be nice to have a little more variety.

Its funny I know a guy who used to run for Transport Service. He would often start out off of home time with a load out of this plant. He told me the plant personnel there once told him that our rates were too high. I guess they are getting busy to the point of having to pay it. We told them the only way we would run this is if it was dedicated and they paid both ways.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I've noticed an uptick in dedicated stuff lately. I guess customers are getting tired of calling us and being told we don't have equipment availabe, so they are willing to pay to make sure it is.

4. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    System freight has to be a dispatchers nightmare. They never know for sure how many trucks they have available or what the driver has in mind. Big pain in the butt for everyone involved just to save a customer a few bucks.

5. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    8/24-8/27

Looks like its a 2 Plaquemine week. Headed out Sunday morning. Got a less than shiny tank but 3 stops to wipe it out on the way down got it to pass inspection. Got home Tuesday evening, off Wednesday, and will head back down there in the morning to load Friday. Hopefully I will get a clean tank. They don't load on the weekend and I am not sure about Monday either being a holiday. I should get home Saturday unless the tank gets rejected. Then it could be Wednesday.

6. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I wish we would get more dedicated freight here in Morrow. The one I am on is starting to suck wind because the people we pull for ain't got their crap together when it comes to getting the paperwork for a load done and their trailers are junk. Only reason I keep putting up with it is so I can get home frequently.

7. Bugjuicet3

Bugjuicet3 Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Murphy, NC
    Yea those Ryder trailers are junk, lol

duck are you in a prostar now?

8. Doublecutter

Doublecutter Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011
    You must be going to Dow with all those trailer inspection rejections.

9. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Unfortunately yes I am in a ProJunk. Not quite as bad as the junky trailers though...

10. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    All yall trailers are clean shiny and not dented up

11. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I am not talking about Superiors trailers. I was talking about the dedicated trailers that belong to the people we pull for. Their trailers are old and junky.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.