Superior Carriers, my experience.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by patsy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Mobile, AL
    It sounds like this is usually home weekly and also being able to take your 10 at home if it's regularly out and back?

Also, does that mean you don't wind up having to wait for a tank wash? It's done at the terminal while you rest up? Or they just have other empties you can grab and go?

Do you deal with the surge much?

Do many of their loads require putting on a Hazmat suit?

I'm interested in the Creola, AL location and applied, but my work history is weird. I have Regional experience, but most of last year I tried out being a Yard Jockey. Being home every night was nice, but many companies seemed turned off by that and want either a recent grad or 1 year recent driving Regional or OTR.

I'm pulling Vans again and I will concede that I do see the experience benefit of refreshing on pulling or backing a full size semi before trying something like Tanker. I was really spoiled by the yard truck being so short and making sharp turns.

2. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    I have Superior on my tanker list (aiming for Flatbed) getting my endorsements this week - Do Superior terminals have any amenities for the drivers (perks)/Showers? Sounds like good numbers you're getting:Transportation cost - stay safe...I'm looking near the Jacksonville, Fl terminal or area...They offer any OTR to rack up the miles+potential for more earnings?

3. Full of Roads

Full of Roads Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2018
    I've never been to a Superior Terminal that did not have a shower, or showers. Not sure what you mean by perks though.

The only Florida Terminal is in Lakeland. I have never been there, but I met a company driver based out of there. From what I remember... they work on twelve hour shifts, dedicated, running chemical / fertilizer from a plant to the port and back again.

RussianBearTruckeR Thanks this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Any info on the superior web site about hired truck requirements (truck specs)......

I can’t find anything.....

5. Full of Roads

Jun 25, 2018
    Most Superior terminals, not all, have a tank wash. I have not had to wait on our tank wash, yet. But there are some products or services that a terminal's tank wash may not cover. Food grade, latex, snot, etc. If you did need to wait at an outside tank wash Superior would pay you an hourly rate, while you wait.

Surge depends on the product, how full the tank is, road surface etc. Highway driving = good, side streets and stop and go = more surge.

Hazmat suits depends on product and the rules of the plant that you are loading/unloading or being loaded/unloaded at. Always follow plant rules because they do vary. When in doubt, wear the suit.

Tankers are easier to maneuver than Vans, IMO.

6. Full of Roads

Jun 25, 2018
    I'll try to remember to grab an IC (Owner Operator) brochure when I'm next at the terminal, and see if it has the requirements on it.

• Draft saved Draft deleted