Superior Carriers pulling a 53 foot dry van?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, May 1, 2019.

1. Cbp

Cbp Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Oh ok. I always wondered what those were for when I was up there. I drove for nearly 3 years at Superior and dry bulk is still a complete mystery to me, never even seen one unloaded. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I have never unloaded one either. It's all drop and hook at P&G brown summit. They are good loads. Don't even have appointment times on delivery. We just weigh the trailer and leave paperwork on unloaders desk.

4. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    It’s more work than a regular unload but I did them all the time. But it’s the same process just have to pay more attention to the gauges on you have a line and tank pressure guage both need to be around 10-13 psi. And have a hammer to beat the product when it lumps up in the line

5. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    yeah, like I said, Mac took me into the old dispatch and drivers room, when he hired me on(guess to show where they used to be, the new part was 'converted' a few months before I started). Who is on the 'end' of that old shop? I see people in there during the week, and sometimes weekends, but they keep the doors shut. lol #### hermits!

6. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    as I have said, to Jerry(former dispatch), it must be good to be driver now, since he knows what'll keep him out or get him home. Sheesh, as much as that dude likes walking, I'm sure if he needs to walk home from MN, he'd do it! haha One of the many times I did the dedicated Kansas City run, I always do a 10 at the Derby City tankwash(it's half way back). Anyways, I get there about 2200 at night. I pulled in, and Jerry comes up to me. SCARED THE HECK OUT OF ME! haha I said, 'Dude, what are YOU doing here?' He laughed and said he went back driving. So we talked for a few, I ate my dinner and he started walking, woke up 9 hours later, to get my shower, and there he is, up and walking around the lot. Made my legs hurt! lol

7. Lilj

Lilj Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Yeah, that jerry will walk you under a table:)

8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    It's a trailer rental company. Southern tank rental or something like that. You see those tanks on the yard sometimes. They owned the box trailers back then

9. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    ok....so do they have another 'yard' where they keep trailers at or something?

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Not sure. They used to have them where we park some tanks behind the car parking lot. Might be some outside the fence back there. Probably a drop lot somewhere.

11. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    so where did you park your car at for the old terminal? From the looks of it, where we park at now, was added when they redid the building. I know Mac and a few others guys told me it used to be some furniture warehouse of some sort. Used to be ALOT of those around there, doesn't seem to be anymore, that I notice. Has new guy, Paul, dispatched you yet or has it been mainly Mac for you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.