Superior Carriers

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SurfBaker, Jun 29, 2019.

1. SurfBaker

SurfBaker Light Load Member

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    So I drove over to the Superior Carriers Lakeland terminal last Friday, 6-22, to meet & greet. I updated my application online since I had applied pre-CDL. On Monday I received a call to come back Thursday for pre-employment testing, road test, drug test, medical, and dexterity. Passed everything and now just waiting to go back and sign papers & then off to Creola, AL for some OTR OJT. Everyone was super nice and I look forward to driving for Superior. I currently live 2.5 hours from the Lakeland terminal so I'll be running OTR/System. I wouldn't even have known of this company without this forum so big thank you to all who contribute! My main reason for sharing my experience is to pay it forward. If you look on the website, there may not even be a listing for drivers at a terminal near you or you may hear that they don't hire over a certain distance from the terminal. I took the time to drive a few hours and meet in person, got the scoop from the people running the terminal & it worked out great for me, I live 139 miles from the terminal. I was told that they have mostly local drivers who occasionally run regional and system out of Lakeland and they needed someone willing to run OTR. I will gladly step up into that role & I am so grateful to have a chance to work for such a great company right out of CDL school. To anyone walking the same path, take the time to at least call and ask what needs they have for drivers. If you live close by, stop in and introduce yourself, shake hands & ask if they looking for drivers & what type. And by all means, do your research on companies! There is so much information out there, use it!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I remember reading from another poster who drove solo for Superior Carriers, it sounds like he had a good deal going for him. I see them occasionally on the road, especially driving around Texas. Have fun.

SurfBaker Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    That's great it is working out for you. I hope some of the people looking to get into the tanker industry will take note. Going to the terminal in person and talking directly with the manager is the best way to go if you really want the job.

5. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    SurfBaker good info I’m going down to Jacksonville in two weeks and plan on visiting the terminal there to see what they have to offer

SurfBaker Thanks this.
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Most newbies just Google, sign a lifetime contract, and THEN come here and asks a question. 99 out of 100 times their question is "I just signed a contract with ABC and was wondering are they any good?" Good on you for reading and acting on the info. Success is when opportunity meet preparation.

7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    My dad’s condo is in Jensen Beach. Love that place! Conchi Joes.... Yum.

SurfBaker Thanks this.
  8. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    I talked w/ a Superior recruiter last week about their "Entry Level Training Program" for new CDL grads. I'm looking to apply w/ Superior when I get through school later this year.

Hopefully you'll come back and update this thread, I'll be interested to hear your impressions of the training and what it's like to to start working for this employer?

9. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    I will definitely update the thread and share my experience as it unfolds. Reading all the posts here in this forum is pretty much how I established my short list of companies and decided which direction to go. I literally spent hours reading threads from start to finish. @Mortarmaggot has a great thread as well as @wsyrob @patsy @Truemac @ethos sorry if I left anyone out. There are many regulars in this forum with years of knowledge and experience that regularly answer questions thoroughly and professionally for those of us just starting out in this industry. This information saved me from taking the easy route and signing on with one of the megas. I understand we all need to gain that experience somewhere, nothing wrong with that, but if there is a better route with a better company, I'm all over it! Due diligence can put more money in your pocket and prevent money from leaving your pocket unnecessarily.

10. SurfBaker

May 12, 2019
    jensen Beach, FL
    I'm just a few minutes from there, nice quiet little town June to October, total kluster the rest of the year.

11. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Best of luck to you.

SurfBaker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.