Superior Tattoo Policy?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by AM14, Oct 6, 2015.

1. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    For future reference, Kat Von D endorses a whole line of cosmetic products to cover up tattoos for just these sorts of occasions.

Official policy or not, there are times when I dont want my ink on display and I don't want to be judged by people who can't see past tattoos.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I love when people judge me based on my tats. Gives me one less person to talk to. :)

One day hopefully in the next two years I hope to be full sleeved and wearing them proud!

I can't help you OP. Just chiming in.

I do know that there is only trailers at the Sparta yard. Behind them is a propane company and behind that is an HR Ewell satellite yard. The few times I've been there, never ever seen a tractor for superior. Day/night/weekend/ what have you.

4. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Thanks guys. The Sparta terminal is transload only. Looks like I will be looking more into my 2nd choice for tankers which would be Schneider Bulk to get my experience. Carry has a terminal 30 miles from me but requires 18 months exp. Not sure why the requirements are different since they are owned by Superior but those are the rules. I'll start talking to them once I get at least a year in. Back to the drawing board for me.

5. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Call the Carry terminal direct and find out if its really 18 month minimum. I seem to recall a couple new to trucking Carry drivers when I was in Greer a year ago...
    Carry and Superior Terminals are usually separate TM/Dispatch.

AM14 Thanks this.
  6. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I will be calling tomorrow on my lunch break to verify what I read on their website. Maybe I'll get lucky and it is more of a preference than a requirement.

7. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Houston, TX
    I work out of the Pasadena TX location, but I have seen drivers that come through here from time to time from other terminals and some of them have tats. Recently last week a guy came here out of the AZ terminal with some tats...no issues here. He's in Greer now I think for his training.

As for the Carry foodgrade side, when I did my week long class in Greer a few months ago, most of the guys there were entry-level drivers, and only a few came on experienced. Hope that helps!

AM14 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.