SuperService, LLC: The 3rd Times the Charm?

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by IROCUBabe, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jamesp2994

jamesp2994 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I drove for them for 6 months and hated every second of it. I stayed in the northeast until it was time to go home, and only averaged 1400mi/wk. Teams do very well over there, but they seem to be horrible for solo's.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I do appreciate how people complain about them being mostly east coast when it was clearly stated during orientation most of their freight is east of the MS. That said, you guys are discussing SUPER SERVICE from SOMERSET KY. I am with SUPER SERVICE Out of GRAND RAPIDS, MI which is formerly Gainey Transportation Services.

If you worked for Super Service out of Somerset KY you did indeed work for a joke of a company. And I would NEVER recommend ANYONE work for the Somerset sector.

4. BLACK

BLACK Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2010
    augusta,ga
    any current info abt superservice
    hometime
    pay
    equipment

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Superservice is taking delivery of new 670 Volvos, Intl Prostars, and Freightliner Cascadias. They still have the KWT2000's Freightliner Columbias. I know this as my friend works for them out of FL. You would have to check with your recruiter for pay and hometime.

KH

6. kylie

kylie Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    North Carolina
    Home time is 14 days out, 2 days off or you can stay out longer and get 3 days off. Usually you will be sent home on the weekend. Pay last I knew was 31 cents per mile or 32 cents if you hold a hazmat endorcement. It is also per diem. As far as trucks are concerned, new drivers do not get new trucks. You would most likely get an older Kenworth or Volvo with 700,000 plus miles. Expect alot of breakdowns. Maintenance on the trucks and the trailers is bad.

sedain Thanks this.
  7. Asthewheelturns

Asthewheelturns Bobtail Member

My fiance is hearing a constant rumor from other SS drivers that the company is up for sale. He's gone from 2200 miles/wk in the past to 900 miles the last two weeks and he's not the only one this is happening to. They're hiring too many drivers for too little freight (they say too little freight but the load boards have all kinds of stuff). If you're thinking of going to SS, then stay away. Grand Rapids is no better than Somerset nowadays. Every day, I hear from my guy that the dispatchers won't call you back and they've taken off the macro on your QC that lets you send a message for home time. They are not reliable on getting you home for your weekend. In fact, it's not uncommon for them to get you home really late on a Friday under a load, then expect you to go back out to deliver early on a Monday. Most of the time my guy gets home on a Saturday. That isn't any kind of quality home time. Pay is good when you get miles; their per diem is .09 but their insurance is kind of high IMO at 45/wk for single. It's all East Coast. Gotta get maintenance on your truck? Be prepared to wait around for two days because the staff at the terminal will literally be seen sitting around and doing nothing with a whole line of trucks waiting for service. Most of the work that's been done, my guy has gotten fed up with the waiting and just said "gimme the part and I'll do it" so he can get the heck out.

8. kylie

kylie Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    North Carolina
    Haven't heard any rumors about the company being for sale but there have been some changes going on. Dispatchers have been moved around to different areas for various reasons. My husbands dispatcher was moved from dry van to refrigerated, he was then given another that was moved to recruiting 2 days ago because they say they are in desparate need of drivers. My husbands miles have not gone done, but he is not a whiner or complainer. That can make a major difference in the miles you get, with any company. He will only turn done a load if he can not run it legally. Yesterday a QC message offered drivers in older trucks an xtra 2 cents per mile to stay in older trucks so the new drivers can be put in the new trucks coming in in September. As for getting home on time, it has never been a problem. He always gets home sometime on Friday and heads back out on Monday morning. He always gets the 48 hours of hometime that is company policy. The insurance price is average for any body whether in the trucking industry or anywhere else. The shops are horrible. Mechanics are ignorant and slow. the trick is to break down miles away from SS facilities. My husband has driven 400 miles with no clutch before to avoid the shops. Had it fixed in less than 24 hours in a truck stop. By the way, the clutch went due to mechanic era in Grand Rapids yard. He forgot to put a part in. Word of warning, stay far away from the Atlanta yard! They are the worst!

9. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I believe the company has been for sale,

ever since this outfit bought it !!!

10. kylie

kylie Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    North Carolina
    The company was bought by an investment group, so eventually it will be for sale. But I doubt that the backrupcy court would allow a sale this soon. Nor would the investment group want to sell untill they can make a substantial amount of money. After all, they bought it for an "investment". I'm sure they have spent more money restructuring the company then what they would get on a return if they were to sell it this early. Investment groups usually wait years before selling, ensuring revenue is at its maximum.

123456 Thanks this.
  11. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Miles slowed for a bit in April but they have recovered. Maintence isn't the issue imho its drivers waiting till something explodes before they get it fixed that is the issue. Our truck is 800k miles. We get it fixed anytime something seems off. They have never refused to fix it and the only time we've had to wait is when there was a line of trucks after the weekend. We were in Grand Rapids Monday to get the clutch worked on and a light issue repaired. We were in and out in 4 hours both issues repaired and a tire replaced.

I think part of the problem may be attitudes. But thats just me. As for hiring too many drivers, thats just baloney they have 100+ trucks ready to go with no drivers. And we've not had an issue getting a load even out of dallas which is there worst freight bed. Not all roses of course, but far more roses then thorns.

You go head and go to SNI with their hard cap 20% idle rules, 60 mph trucks, crap maintenance, trucks that make SSI trucks look brand new, and see how you miss SSI. You never know good you got it till its gone.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.