Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swenjj

swenjj Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2010
    St.Croix Falls , WI.
    I've tried that.tried the wall outlet. Tried turning it off. I borrowed a different cable.it didn't immediately do it again so I'll try that this week. If it still does it maybe I'll look into the new tablet

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Make sure the USB cable you are using is one for power. They usually have pins 1/5 connected. If you are using the RM USB cable on a DC/plug adapter it may be seeing pins 2, 3, and 4 enabled which will show the 730 as connected. If it is doing the same on the AC adapter then I would maybe suspect a bad USB port on the 730.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Voyager XII Rider

Voyager XII Rider Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Mark,

Is a route that is laid out on here.com a good indication of how it would be laid out on the next TND map update, at least for the changes in the map data that have been made up to this point?

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Yes it should be, but understand that here.com if a route is laid out does not use truck restrictions, more for a car route.

Thanks,
    Mark

Voyager XII Rider Thanks this.
  6. Voyager XII Rider

Jan 16, 2015
    That's what I thought, but at least maybe the problem that Hubby ran into this morning will be fixed in the next map update. He was going to 2300 Industrial Drive, Monterey, TN, and the TND-720 wanted him to get on a couple of roads that are marked with "no trucks" signs. He and I put our heads together and took him in the correct way, but if he had just been following the GPSr, he might have been in trouble. I ran a route on here.com, and that map version would have him going in the correct way. If that is a good indication, and if I can check other routes that way, there's no need to send in a Tell Rand or post a note on here to tell you something you already know. If it is not a good indication for a truck route, I can still do one or the other.

7. Voyager XII Rider

Jan 16, 2015
    Another thing - Hubby was on I-275 north in Knoxville, TN this morning. He was getting onto I-75 south/I-640 west, and the TND-720 spoke 'I-75 south/I-640 east'.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I forgot - are you running the latest maps? They would have downloaded to an SD Card.

Do you remember the roads that are marked "no trucks"?

Please still post the info here. I will verify on the next set of maps (in testing phase).

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Titan-Jon

Titan-Jon Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2015
    That did it, Thanks..

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  10. passport220

passport220 Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Des Moines, IA
    My unit ran fine but I lost stuff when my SD card when bad, could not boot without it. Now, when I start up my TND 510 it says "System File Missing!" "Call Customer Support". RM customer support wiped the disks and I ran a repair cycle on the docking program, still same problem. RM says I need to send the unit in for repair and pay a flat rate of $90.

I am not going to pay $90 to repair an older, basic unit. Anyone know how I might get the missing boot up files? OR is there a way I can get this unit to boot up to Windows CE and load a different GPS program, like Sygic Truck?

11. moose97

moose97 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hoagland, IN
    Was doing some line 5 driving the other day and I was left wishing I had the option on my 730 of bobtail, just like having the loaded or unloaded choice. Would that be too difficult an option to add?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.