Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    No.. it was a DB that was never added. It does not affect anything.

Now, this is with or without any user files that you did/did not load on her unit?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    She has added some user files to her address book but was not having any issues with the files that were on the unit before she added more.
    Is there a way to check the individual db files to see if one or more is causing problems.I don't have a way to open db files but could download a program to do so.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    There are several programs you can download to check a SQLite database. We cannot do an MD5 since we did not do one from the start and she has added entries.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Would checking the database show any misbehaving files and can you recommend an easy to use program to check these databases.
    Anyways its all moot now as she got called out and is on her way.As it only did the errors on one day maybe it was just a glitch and will see how it goes from here.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Was she looking for any POI's, Rest Area's, WalMarts, etc?

E-Mail me all her logs when you get a chance.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    For how long does the unit store the Navi Log files?? She couldn't remember if the unit crashed on Sept 5 or 6 so when I checked the only log files were from the 6th to present.
    She is gone back to work now so it will prob b a while till she gets back here so unless she gets another crash the log files may not be there and if the previous crash was on the 5th then there are no files on the unit anyways.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  8. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    Try it. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

I even had trouble getting the laptop to recognize the GPS as an external storage device without the supplied cord from the unit. I tried a bunch of other cords and none of them worked. Windows kept saying there was a problem with a connected device or something.

When I bought my Cobra dash cam, it came with a mini-USB cord. I tried using that cord with the GPS on the laptop and it worked like a charm. I could even charge the unit some with it (not really 100%... when I was in a busy area and the voice was talking all the time it would start killing the battery).

9. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    Is there an update to fix the auto-dim feature on the 730? Since I updated it a couple months ago the auto-dim is not working all the time. I keep having to get into Preferences and clicking down to brightness and then it adjusts itself immediately.

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    IT is a known bug, but not a showstopper. It has been fixed in the Beta Version, but not released to public yet. No time frame yet for that.

Thanks,
    Mark

Hick Thanks this.
  11. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    It could be a "showstopper" depending on where you live and drive to. Up here there are some pretty hefty fines for "inattentive" driving and reaching across the dash to change the brightness setting would qualify as such so could incur a hefty ticket so having to stop and pull over to change settings would be a big pain in the butt.
    There are still many jurisdictions where you don't even need to wear a seat belt but in this part of the world we take safety very seriously so having this BUG going on for months could be a dealbreaker for some.

Hick Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.