Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turnpike

turnpike Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2011
    AL

I am not good in using computer. for some reason I am unable to paste reply from rand om the above question. Please help.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gilbertbs2000

gilbertbs2000 Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Carrollton, Georgia
    I purchased a 500 about 8 months ago. It kept lagging over and over again. I wrote and called Rand Mcnally several times and finally they said that they'd send me a SD Card to update it. Well, they sent it and when I did what they asked me to do it fried my GPS. So, I called them back and moved me to a Tier 2 person. He assured me that it wasn't fried and that they probably sent me the wrong card and that he'd send me another one. Well, I got it and the same thing happens (I insert the card (on ac power) and it starts loading it and about 30 seconds later it tries to boot up and shows the truck and then it just shows a scrambled screen. I called them back and now they say I need a receipt for them to fix it. I'm highly ill about this. If they would've told me this may happen I would've used a lagging GPS, now all I have is a paper weight. So, I went out and purchased the 700 about 3 months ago and now it keeps saying out of memory turn it off. So, I Do, and then it won't come back on unless I push in the reset button. I'm not very pleased with Rand MCnally at this point. Any suggestions?

4. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Nope, tryed that. very carefully taped it once and it goes straight to the Start New Route screen. Like Whitney Dr in Harmony, PA .. I click list and it goes to 1 - 99 Whitney Dr

------------------------

And now a new problem. The power button isnt working. My Cig Lighter outlet only works in the On position, not when I turn it to accesory, so I always turn it off or the battery dies on it. Now the power button isnt doing anything and it seems to be lower in the hole, more flush with the top of the unit. Ive tryed messing with it to see if it was just stuck but that doesnt seem to be the case. Im passed my 30 days of purchase so I cant return it to Loves, and I cant afford to ship it back and be without it.

5. turnpike

turnpike Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2011
    AL

it is avaible now. i was able to update my 710. rand added very good feature for predictive traffic. i am waiting to get their live traffic accessory now.

6. turnpike

turnpike Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2011
    AL

i recommed talking directly to rand tech manager. i am sure your issue will be handled very professionnaly as they handled my requests.

7. Southpaw7391

Southpaw7391 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Wherever
    There might be an update for the new series (510 and the 710) But I just hooked my 500 and there is no update for it, same as it was.. Must not be out yet ..

8. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Look on the Back and give me the serial number, (bottom right),

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The first unit did not fry, the firmware did not take the Flash, as far the 2nd unit, E-Mail me..

Thanks,
    mark

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    This will have to be replaced, if you wait and not get it replaced, then you will simply run out of warrenty. It has to be replaced and they will send you a RMA, but you will have to live without a unit for a little while.

Kind of like getting your kids to move out on their own when they turn 18,,

Thanks,
    Mark

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Sorry, I was tied up with the Moving America Tour getting it ready.

The 510/710 did have a version update, 11.4.1945 a few days ago. The other models are do soon. Their update is in QA.

thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.