Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MustangMark83

MustangMark83 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Winter Haven, FL
    Jones rd. 1/8 mile north of commonwealth ave in jacksonville, fl. 3 ton bridge. Not sure how accurate that sign is considering it would have to be made of wood to be so weak, and I saw a box truck and an empty semi flatbed cross over it. Still I'm not sure u would wanna risk it at 40 tons.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MustangMark83

MustangMark83 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Winter Haven, FL
    b 03 t7e 987351

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Humm... an E should not have updated yet.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
  6. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    Mark, is there a proper way to disconnect the TND units after syncing to PC? I always wait till its totally done, and then wait a few minutes longer just to make sure its totally done.

7. Mrs

Mrs Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Home, US
    Can my husband read the manual without internet access?

My husband just got the 710 and he is on the road with it just out of the box and the only instructions that he has is the quick access pamphlet. I am at home and I have downloaded and printed the manual but he won't be home for a while. He does not have internet access but does have a laptop with him.

8. CT_BigDaddy

CT_BigDaddy Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Windsor Locks, CT
    Try opening the manual then upper left corner of new window click file, then print, then print to file, a box will open and give the file a name, then email file to husband.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  9. Scott Mac.

Scott Mac. Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2008
    New Haven, MI
    I love the new summury map but I thought we were also suposed to get mile markers on the map. And now the location seems to be off a bit. Its always puts me off the road or up on the freeway service drive, and it warns me about scales a mile out when I'm on the ramp for it.

Scott Mac. TND500

Edit: Also rivers and lakes spear to be much biger and wider on the map than in reality.

10. HomeWrecker

HomeWrecker Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    I was using the dock v 208 but started to have startup and backup user data problems. I had to keep pushing the reset button after each update, and sometimes each morning as i started the day just to get it to start up, what a pain. also since i have 2 of the same models,(tnd t7e), i needed to get both to sync by backup and restore user data carefully. I found I had to revert back to the original dock on the tnd,(v1.0.63), to get things back to normal. i still get the new updates and options for the tnd but not the options on the new dock>(v208), IE the down load state miles button,etc. I can live without some dock usability and less GRIEF, whew. Hope this helps some of you till they get their act together. :biggrin_25511:

11. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I'm leaning towards a different unit

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.