Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    They are on the most current already. I do not have any information on the next map release.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If your TND is not finding travel centers after you update, I have a temporary fix to get you the files you need. I need to write a small procedure for them. You will be manually moving two files from the "Cloud" over to your TND.

Rand is aware of the issue and is working on a fix for the Dock.

Again this is a temporary fix. You will be getting the same files as if you Docked your TND.

E-mail me and if you have purchased the latest Maps let me know this also.

Give me about two hours to do some technical stuff on my end.

Your TND will need to be on the latest version.

B/C/E - 11.419.1959

510/710 - 11.4.1968

Thanks,
    mark

4. Corkyf62

Corkyf62 Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Minnesota
    What all do we get for our $80 on the new map updates?

5. NFG

NFG Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Ball of Confusion
    You get to ponder the value of the Garmin dezl 560LMT with lifetime updates of maps amd traffic

6. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I am starting to think this way also .. Seems Rand pushed this last update out a little quick

Lifetime update ( might be 3-4 yrs )
    Free Traffic

Even if it's 3-4 yrs ( for lifetime ) that's more than I got with rand after buying the 500 about 11 months ago . And the price is compareable

7. NMR

NMR Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    After updating to this version I have had several problems with my timers and logs.

My average speed has been way off. I use one average speed for the current day and one for the full week. After a full week it was showing my average speed for the week at 29mph and the one I use daily was just as far off. They both should have been in the 50-56 range. Also my driving day timer was expiring hours earlier than it should have.

Steve

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  8. NMR

NMR Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    I really do not care for the new odometer style speed on this update. It is just too small. This is one thing I am constantly looking at on the screen. I preferred the old way this was handled. It was larger, easier to read. You can barely even tell if it is red or green. I would rather see the odometer larger than the posted speed if real estate on the screen is limited.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  9. NMR

NMR Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Is this update supposed to show mile markers? Mine is not. BTW my unit is a c.

Thanks,

Steve

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  10. NMR

NMR Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Will the map updates be...

Sold in stores.. TA?

Available to Download?

I was going to purchase it but It is already sold out.

Would be great to be able to purchase at a truck stop so I could use my points.

Thanks,

Steve

CoronaDon, Corkyf62 and Mark Kling Thank this.
  11. NMR

NMR Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Mark,

I have been using my TND 500 since November of 2009. I originally had a b unit but it was switched out for a C.

One thing that I have wanted since the first day is better handling of Multi stop trips and Via's.

I have played with new update and it is an improvement but the unit as far as I am concerned does not handle at least via's the way it should. ( or handle them as many other gps units do) After I set a destination I would like to be able to set a via or two and see the entire route the way it will unfold. I can now see the total miles and time of the route but not the detailed turn by turn when planing my trip. Is this going to be changed at any point on the TND 500 or on future units. I would hope that Rand can see the importance of this and work on updating this. At the minimum if we could select each leg and see the turn by turn it would help.

Thanks,

Steve

Corporal_Clegg and Corkyf62 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.