Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    I do have that particular feature turned on. Rerouted before I entered the lane for the exit. If that is the best route under fastest routing as it obiviously is, then I am a little suprised that particular segment wasn't included in the orginal calculation. Anyway, had assumed the fastest reroute calc mode was intended for missed turns and the like.

Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    That is was. But remember with Fast recalc on, it changes route as you continue the route. It will basically keep modifing your route. With it off, unless you make a change you will stay on the same route.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    It is the 720, guessing you wanting SW Ver?
    Not sure what numbers you looking for so...
    12.4.2428.2149 <2166>
    A5 RM 2T720 120626.08

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Been resolved in next version.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    US50 in KS does not have a Speed Limit listed from approximately Maksville to Newton

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  7. ghostrunner59

ghostrunner59 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Missouri
    Worked fine yesterday once got into Texas. Now just got into louisianna and lost GPS signal. Hit reset came back on and didn't even know what time. Screen was very dim. Finally seen 5 sates and connected to 3. Took it out of truck reset found 6 sates connected to 4.

Now halfway across LA sees 11 connected to 6. Noticed with it comes up with really wierd routing. It wants to go on little highways across LA & MS instead of interstates. Checked settings and it says fastest.

Am really confused on all this.

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I don't see any GPS outages. But, for it to work in certain areas and not others would mean either the signal is being interrupted some how or you entering the Twlight Zone.

http://adn.agi.com/SatelliteOutageCalendar/SOFCalendar.aspx

The GPS strictly gets its signal from the Satellites. It really does not know what state you are in except by Lat/Long. Have you been in any other states where the signal is low?

You should be using at least 4 to get you the best GPS signal for the device.

Reset will not affect the GPS.

But, as you noted while in LA it finally picks up more signal. I would guess then that something is interferring with the GPS signal. It could be military.

Under Routing - Freeways - set to prefer freeways.

Thanks, Mark

9. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Got my TND510 back from Rand McNally this week.

About 3 weeks ago, the GPS in the truck. It showed a red tint to the screen and went black.

Mark here sent me an email and gave some good advice, I called tech support and they were baffled and I was finally given an RMA and a shipping label to send it back in.

Earlier this week, I got interested in the status and called them. They SAID there would be an email update and there wasn't at any time. Especially since I was told I would receive an email with a tracking number on it to notify me of when it would be shipped back. Little unhappy about that. Especially since it was a "signature required" delivery. I learned it was coming back to me the day before it arrived. Nice thing about a small town. They left it with my neighbor and landlord.

Turns out I had a bad screen in it and they replaced it free of charge. Also did a software update I guess. I just got it back and am looking forward to having it again.

Glad I keep paper records on my IFTA instead of just relying on the GPS for IFTA miles.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  10. ghostrunner59

ghostrunner59 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Missouri
    Mark I appreciate your humor on this but really it is baffling to not know why it is doing it. Or should say not connecting.

Made almost across LA with signal then lost it just before entering MS. Had nothing till AL and lost it again before TN. Once in TN got it back and kept all the way to Scranton Pa where am now and still have a signal.

It has been in the truck since last June and not had any problems with signals. Nothing has been added to the truck any where at all. Like said in earlier post tried another GPS right along side and it worked fine. This really did start about the time did last update. Can't see how that would affect anything.

Am on the way home when empty out here in PA and will get the external antenna and install. Hopefully that will help but doesn't explain why it won't connect now.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You may have receiver that is just being flakey. You might want to think about getting it RMA'd.

There are a few spots in the US that your GPS will not pick up anything. I know one was in MD.

Sometime the Gov't will conduct tests without the public's knowledge.

Sometimes another GPS will interfere with the GPS antenna.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.