sweet 379 super sleeper

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by elharrison, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    Well we ran produce for 15 year and had between 4 and 10 petes doing it at any given time. Unless something has changed in the last 9 years since I stoped running a refer then most of the guys ran for weight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    i could see produce weighing pretty heavy

4. 550hpW900L

550hpW900L Road Train Member

Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    Ive never hauled per weight, i hauled per pallet, ive hauled per box but never per weight. My old mans been doing produce for 33 years and hes never hauled per weight. Must have been some weird customer you guys had. I cant say ive never heard of it, but i dont do it. Yes produce is always heavy they load you to the max, unless you have peppers or some light lettuce, your always grossing 80k. Thats why most of you van drivers try passing us and thinking your freightshaker and that all mighty 370 detroit is powerfull compared to a 550 kitty kat when you have one pallet in the trailer :biggrin_2559:, hehe just kidding.

5. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    well by the box is just as bad. Either way you are craming in every little bit you can. I hauled allot of greens out of s georgia like that. I also did ALLOT of bulk spuds which was all by the 100 weight.

6. 550hpW900L

550hpW900L Road Train Member

Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    Yup thats why i dont do it, because you always get screwed, potatoes are the worse. They say 50lb per box but you put that box on a scale and its 60lbs. Multiply by 800 cases and they say your only hauling 40k lbs or so when your 5k lbs over weight. I hate it and i stay away from that kinda crap, only done it once, asked the guy for a flat rate, he paid me decent money and then was crying because he lost money on the load since i only loaded 775 cases hehe.

7. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I loaded slush packed greens in south GA. I loaded every box I could fit in the trailer don't even remember how many basicly just enough room for the chute left I'd be well over 100k pounds. run 3 hours to the house, park it on a hill and turn the unit on to heat and melt all the ice off. Next morning by the time I got to that scale in North GA I'd be right at 80k pounds and I was making 70% more per load than any other trucks they were loading

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.