swift and the lease purchase

Discussion in 'Swift' started by 5thwheel23, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ucallihaul

ucallihaul Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Guys,
    I've been reading on some of these threads about some l/o's being broke and hav ing to train to make their truck payment, and even trying to borrow money from their students. This brought up a question. See, a lot of things in life are based on patterns, meaning those who are succesful usually do the same things and have the same habits as others who are sucesful like them. The same thing goes for those who tend to fail. So based on what your experiences in this spesific business, what do you think are patterns and bad habits that are causing these l/o's to fail?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Sure wish that I could give you a answer to that question. I have been with the program almost 20 months now, and never once have I starved out here. I have talked to more mentors that are starving for some reason and can not figure out why.

unloader Thanks this.
  4. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    I can guess?...opposite of me tho....lazy...cant manage there money very well...refuse preplans....expect "perfect load" everytime...so not very flexible...having mental or emotional problems(and i been there too)....spend to much time on ttr?...inside truckstop or terminnal?...complain to much?....list could go on and on.....etc,etc,,,blah,blah,blah....:biggrin_25521:

5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Yep FR8, you are here alot:biggrin_2559:

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Simple answer ... they don't know what they're doing. This is a cash flow business. You got to know what cash is yours and what cash belongs to the business. When you start stealing cash from the business for yourself, you are on your way out of business.

SteveH85396 Thanks this.
  7. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    haha....u too

8. Silverdollar13

Silverdollar13 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Do you still drive for Swift? How is your lease going. I'm a current driver for Swift and I was thinking about going into the l/p program myself.

9. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Uhhhhhhh....yeah she still drives for Swift, is very happy with her dedicated Walmart out of Grandview run. She is still driving Girlie and doing well moneywise....but she can't tell you that on this board anymore since she has been banned from here. She posts regularly on that other board on the darkside.

10. Cobalt Thorium G

Cobalt Thorium G Bobtail Member

May 7, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.