Swift.......as a starting company.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by FlaSwampRat, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Didn't mean to stir the hornets nest. As far as suing them you have already signed a document giving them full consent to record your image in the truck and on there property, In public places of course they do not need consent. in the sleeper that would be different, the front of the cab , Hmmmm the curtain probably cover the camera when their pulled, so could debate if the drivers area has any expectations of privacy when going down the road. I don't know or claim any knowledge of notices or SWIFT policies, sent out by email qualcomm or sms messaging. I only know that someone in safety wanted the camera on and uncovered in the tractor being used for test drive if tenitieve drivers, of which I have no problems being videoed while test driving their truck.

I can drive and park a truck so no issues. my only real issues was having them change my loads before I even got thru 1 day of orientation, telling me to choose between 48 states or 11 west while they decide my fate, also their reversal of letting me take the truck home on my resets or home time.

Safe wise I would always presume a camera to be recording, If it bothered me I would also cover it at least when parked.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016

Me personally I don't have anything really to hide driving. Before claiming know laws there are carriers who make you sign a non-compete out of school how many those cases been tossed out? anyone have a number I am certain it would be pretty high if it ever went to court. those pieces of paper sometimes worth a lot or worthless if you care to find out take it to court in front of a panel. I personally have nothing against drive camera they won't catch me doing anything I shouldn't be my fellow truckers ones I pass by everyday might.

If you truly want freedom purchase your own truck.

Lepton1, dwells40 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    The only point of legality is that they have to truthfully inform you that you're being recorded. Otherwise all bets are off

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I do not make things up.
    And as a company driver that likes working at Swift, what would be my motivation to do so?

I defend Swift much more than rag on them, as most here know.

dwells40 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It looks like you are in SoCal, which is a high risk area.
    There are more restrictions in high risk areas.

MGE Dawn, dwells40 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  7. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Maybe so , I won't deal with there problems, I live closer to the customer by a long ways then going all the way to Fontana to park the truck. In anycase they should tell you upfront not wait till orientation, they had told me I would be parking at home since I live closer to the customer than the yard. Anycase old news now. More driver need to learn to say no way I wont do that.

8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Drivers can say no, and the company will not care. There is always another driver that will say yes.
    Never get the impression that you, as a driver, are in control of anything.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016

We all have choices and there a line in the sand for us we don't cross its pay, drive cameras, trucks, home time even GPS the company chose. We can always just find another company some the mega carriers would love no one have info on better companies that paid better. To be honest sometimes that extra pay comes with more headache so maybe it's better to be content me I have x on expenses and as long I am above that and able save it's good the second that stops my tolerance for company evaporates.

To have dreams is all well and good but let us keep the goals realistic and your get somewhere and can create a new goal.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  10. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Thats is simply not true you are in control of what you will or wont accept, if driver stand up for them selves it makes a difference, these companies spend thousands of dollars on recruiting, driver leaving orientation makes a difference, because you cost them money for trale, hotel, meals, and the salary of the person whom lied or misrepresented things enough to get you to leave, and it goes bad on the recruitier as well.
    Never fall for you make no difference, even if the difference is how the world effects you it matters..

11. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    No actually they do not because you signed a video waiver in orientation you have already given them permission to record you, anything verbal does not matter. as far as lieing to you, they do that from day one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.