Swift as first company

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Drpparker95, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Hello guys i have some questions about company and testing. I've read if you join swift within 30 days of graduating that they don't do the backing and road test at orientation

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    When I went to orientation in Lancaster, I already had my cdl and they just gave me a road test. Don't worry about it just do your best, take your time and get out and look.

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    If you have a CDL and no experience, you will go out with a mentor after orientation and will get road tested, including a back, after you complete training.

If you have experience, you will get road tested before you start orientation.

5. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Nope i test Wednesday and cdl school at my college ends october 4th. If i choose swift ill be at the Memphis terminal

Smut Thanks this.
  6. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    On the application i chose refrigerated and or dry box division out of Memphis. How does training work

7. Ctreygo

Ctreygo Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Training, as in being with a mentor is the way Swift gets you ready to go solo. They call it upgrading.

8. Ctreygo

Ctreygo Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2017
    You go out with a driver, I think usually it a o/o for 4-6 weeks and then take a driving test and then you wait for a truck to be available and then you go out on your own. The mentor your assigned will dictate what you get trained in. Reefer or dry.

9. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Training works like this.

You get put into a much nicer truck than you will ever hope to drive yourself. Your trainer will smell like something you've never smelled before. He will get all the best runs and all the best loads. You will drive his truck while he makes a killing off of you.

Then you get done and get a crappy truck, crappy runs and a radio that doesn't work.

SHOJim and austinmike Thank this.
  10. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    If im understanding it correctly then as a cdl school grad fresh outta school id ride with a mentor or trainer for a few weeks to a month and then be tested on backing and driving after training

11. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes, but if you're lucky like me, you'll do all your training in an automatic and then be road tested in a standard. Yea, they do #### like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.