Swift at it again

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Cat sdp, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Another one of your brilliant theories?
    It's companies like SWIFT and the others you mentioned that have contributed the most into turning this Industry into just another McJob. They help to keep the pay lower for all drivers by hiring incompetent drivers, and then paying them low wages. They also will haul freight at a loss just to undermine their competitors and drive them out of business. They also give all Truck drivers a bad reputation when their drivers are constantly having accidents that are broadcast for the public to see.in the News everyday. And if you don't like the people on this website expressing their opinions about these bottom feeder Trucking companies, why dont you find another website that suits your taste instead insulting people you no nothing about.

DTP, misterG, Badmon and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    It would take a seat on the board of directors to change anything...

P.S. Swift earns everything us. "regular truckers" give them......

Air Breeze Thanks this.
  4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Kind of a greatest hits.... And music !

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I started with CRE. I was born an anti-mega, super trucker, wasn't made one. I've only been fired from one job in my life, they had a little high strung snot nose foreman, and I told him plainly, and calmly, the next time he raised his voice at me, I would knock his teeth out. Had my check at the end of the day.
    The mega's are dangerous. I worked at CRST as a trainer, find my archives on my trainer stories, I couldn't make the stuff up if I tried.
    I know when one of these gimps maim someone I care about, I'm not going to the driver, the dispatcher, or the OM. I'm going to see the owner.

misterG Thanks this.
  6. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Oh, you must work for Arrogant & Sons Trucking Co.

All those truckers you call incompetent are the men & women who deliver to my Costco, Walgreen's, Kmart, Dollar Tree, And Home Depot. Go behind the store you shop at and take a look at who's delivering those things. "Lil' Bear truckin' since '76" isn't one of their drivers, sure, but it shouldn't make whomever is a victim of negative opinions like yours that generalize them all. I hate their slow trucks, but I don't have a problem with the people who drive them.

bentstrider83 and Charlie Mac Thank this.
  7. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Nobody is a Victim of mine. I have never injured or killed anyone while driving a truck. I've been driving a truck for 21 years and I've delivered to everyone of those companies you mentioned at one time or another. I've even worked for a couple of bottom feeder companies in my time. I actually drove for SWIFT back in 1996 for about 4 months. I didn't know any better when i went to work for them. I discovered real quick what a lousy outfit that SWIFT was. That's when they had their trucks governed at 55 mph. It was a terrible company with a bad safety record back then just like it is now. I have nothing against SWIFT drivers, unfortunately quite a few of them are poorly trained by Trainers who don't have enough training, or experience themselves. It's a case of the blind leading the blind. AND THESE COMPANIES DO HIRE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD NOT BE BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL OF ANYTHING AT ALL, MUCH LESS A TRUCK.
    And for your information I drive for a company that trains new drivers, and they have slow trucks. But they do it the right way, not like these companies you seem to think have the right to kill and maim innocent people so you can go shopping at DOLLAR GENERAL.

8. truckthatpassesyouby

Jun 3, 2015
    Fair enough.

9. Jourayce

Jourayce Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Mississippi
    That's not true swift just has alot of trucks so yes you have a better chance of seeing one of them involved in some kind of wreck.

10. Jourayce

Jourayce Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Mississippi
    Swift never had 50 thousand trucks on the road

11. truckthatpassesyouby

Jun 3, 2015
    This Myth has just been dispelled.
    Read:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.