swift cdl school info needed

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by mrbiggie19, Mar 15, 2015.

1. dz45

dz45 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2015
    are you saying that a company sponsored cdl school would train and hire somebody without a high school diploma or ged??

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    All you need is a pulse and at least 10% of your teeth (and you can get waivered for both, if need be).

4. mrbiggie19

mrbiggie19 Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Thornton. West Virginia
    Would appreciate actual information that would help not this

5. WitchingHour

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Oh, that pretty much is actual info.
    There's an entire subforum about Swift here, and countless other threads. Granted, I'd say take it all with a grain of salt, but keep in mind that at least of the complaints will be legit, including some pretty major ones. Mind you, I consider my time with them to have been "fair", over a decade ago, but perhaps I'd have looked elsewhere if I'd done better research. You have what you need here to draw your own conclusions, and if you decide Swift is the best place for you, good luck... if not, there are plenty other options out there, and you may even be able to find some which won't leave you indentured to a company for the next year or two.
    As for this post about them not accepting students from WV, I'm wondering where in the hell that came from, especially seeing as they have (or at least had) a terminal in Martinsburg.

6. mrbiggie19

Mar 12, 2015
    Thornton. West Virginia
    There martinsburg terminal is still open but the don't do much there ( I go by it all the time driving cab )

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. WitchingHour

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Yeah, it was never a particularly fancy terminal, but it was one up on Eden, NC (which has been defunct for some time, but it was the one I ran flatbeds out of for them). Plus it's right down the road from a Sheetz, and I do love those MTO sandwiches. Oddly enough, where Eden did get one up was that it got paved... right before they shut it down.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    From what you say, money is very tight for you right now. Look at some other options. Earl Henderson Trucking will pay your transportation to their school in Troy, IL plus furnish a hotel room and 3 meals a day. Three weeks of classroom and local driving then on the interstate hauling freight with a trainer.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, they do because probably 99.99% of drivers check "YES" to the question of having a high school diploma or GED, whether they have one or not. It's not important and trucking companies know this and very few, if any, actually want to see a diploma. I've never been asked and don't know anyone who has been asked to actually see a diploma. You can get a high school diploma simply by purchasing a fake one online. It's not important; truck driving is not difficult as long as you can at least barely read and write and trucking companies know this.

dz45 Thanks this.
  10. mrbiggie19

Mar 12, 2015
    Thornton. West Virginia
    Sheetz is awesome. Earl Henderson won't accept me because I live in a dead zone whatever that means

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, I understand; they wouldn't be able to get you home much.

KLLM - hotel & 3 meals a day.
    Celadon- hotel & 3 meals a day.
    Maverick - hotel & 3 meals a day.
    Southern Refrigerated Transport -hotel & 3 meals a day.

Swift is a good option though if you can swing it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.