swift cdl school info needed

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by mrbiggie19, Mar 15, 2015.

1. dz45

dz45 Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2015
    you sir are the man. keep spreading the knowledge!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taxminia0311

Taxminia0311 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Did you attend to earl Henderson academy, if so was it difficult to get in and what step did you have to take including their requirements

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Henderson isn't difficult at all to get in to. If you contact the school you'll probably be in the next class. I've followed some posts on them and all are positive. 3 weeks of classroom & local driving then hit the highway with a trainer.
    You need an original social security card & original birth certificate. Take a sleeping bag and pillow because you will need those when you head coast to coast with your trainer.

Sean_Reno Thanks this.
  5. Taxminia0311

Taxminia0311 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2013
    I'll give it try cause so far I've had no luck with any other companie what so ever except the one I wouldn't like to attend due to bad reviews...wish me luck cause I'm going to need it, I'll let you how things turn out.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Sean_Memphis

Sean_Memphis Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    I cant find any information on Earl Henderson's paid CDL (do you have a link)? Also, are they affiliated w/Prime...they have a Prime Truck on their website :?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes, they pull Prime trailers and haul Prime freight. They use full size trucks,not those lightweights Prime uses. Same deal with Wil-Trans.
    "In October of 2015 Earl L Henderson Trucking joined with Prime Inc under their Advanced Fleet Program. Still completely family owned."
    Their driving academy information is hard to navigate on the website. Click on "Resources" and the phone number is there for the school.

Sean_Reno Thanks this.
  8. mrbiggie19

mrbiggie19 Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Thornton. West Virginia
    OK I'm in Kansas city Missouri at swifts cdl school and in 2 days I goto Utah for the rest of the school. Now my question is where will swift pay state and federal tax for me ( home state or other state )?

9. Sean_Memphis

Oct 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    SWIFT, PAM and a few others do offer free tuition however. Henderson unfortunately does not.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Look at the big picture with any trucking company CDL school; none are free. The trucking companies want you to have some skin in the game; it's a trade off. No company is going to take all the risk and give the trainee a free ride; the companies want a return on their investment and rightly so.

11. Sean_Memphis

Oct 9, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    When I say "free", I mean no financial cost...I realize there will be strings attached. SWIFT for example offers free tuition to veterans.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.