swift changeover ?

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by tangerineGT, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I really like the last line of that thread...

".....like i got to constantly do battle and out wit the computer,,,geez..... "

Only, it's not a battle once you learn the system.
    It is simply working it to your own best advantage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    So far, I'm gutting it out, but I don't have any negative thing to say about those who aren't. This transition has been absolutely asinine. The sad part is that 50% of the problems so far could have been minimized if not totally avoided altogether. It really makes me wonder how some mid-level management shirts could possibly save their jobs after this is settled. I'm wondering when the customer fallout will start. Don't you believe the other reefer carriers are watering at the mouth over all this?

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. Aimstraight

Aimstraight Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Central CA
    Was wondering the same. I'm still scratching my head as to why they are making us jump thru extra hoops to get a trailer washed out and fueled. This is going to translate into trailers getting rejected, turned around at the gate and customer complaints.

5. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Just wondering...

How would getting the trailer washed out and fueled lead to a trailer rejection?

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Moose, I believe that he is asking the opposite. They want to get the trailer fueled and washed out before going to another customer. If not, then it might get rejected. I think that I have the answer, maybe where you are picking up the next load does not need a trailer washout or you are not going to need the reefer running. I remember back some years ago I was with a company that they had some trailers with 100 gal reefer tanks. They where to be filled up when it was going on the rail. We had drivers that where picking up heavy loads, not taking to a rail yard, but filling up those tanks. Yes, there where problems.

7. Aimstraight

Mar 11, 2013
    Central CA
    ^^This. The majority of our customers inspect the trailers before allowing them in their yard. Some are more strict than others but almost all will make sure they are clean (some even require a recent washout receipt) and that they have at least 3/4 tank of fuel. Not clean or no fuel ... you're turning around.

So typically right after we're unloaded we're looking for a washout location and to fill the reefer. But now I can only get fuel at pre-authorized stops that only consider tractor fuel level not the reefer. And Im still not sure how to get a trailer w/o approved. I've asked and got a "call us when you need one" response. But the point is, whatever the process it needs to be quick and easy. This is everyday, every load kinda stuff. I don't want to call in or get pre-authorized everytime I need reefer fuel or a wash out. It's time consuming, inefficient and will ultimately bite us in the ### from a customer service stand point.

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It sounds like Swift has some adjusting to do as well.

9. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    to get a w/o do a Mac 28 with the total amount. Instead of getting an express code the money will go on your Comdata card after you get a reply saying x amount was authorized. Call it. Make sure the moneys on there. Use option 1 to authorize a com check. You will not write anything in the express code box anymore. You just give Comdata the check number and amount. Then fill out the check without the express code. The same goes for scales and additives. No more just swiping your Comdata card or just hitting yes for additives at the pump

If you're wondering to yourself are we taking a step back in technology? I might have to agree with you.

Aimstraight Thanks this.
  10. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Because if it becomes a big PITA a lot of drivers will skip doing it unless they get rejected at the customer.

11. Aimstraight

Mar 11, 2013
    Central CA
    Thank you Buckeye. That's the most detailed explanation I've gotten so far. And from an Ohio State fan even.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.