swift chep pallet account

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Chino374r, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Chino374r

Chino374r Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Cicero, Illinois
    Has anyone heard about swift letting new drivers go into this local account in the Chicago land area..I'm 116 hours into my mentorship and according to my mentor he has had 2 students jump straight into local after their 200 hours?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    ya you can. im local here in chicago not chep but i see the trucks. go for it. local, salary pay home daily. you work 5-6 days. but like 8 hr days. easy work .

4. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    seen a few new drivers here in jurupa terminal go from orientation straight into local. if theres a position available when you ask for it, shouldnt be a problem getting it. good luck

5. Chino374r

Chino374r Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Cicero, Illinois
    Thanks I sure will ask once I finish my 200 hours ..sure would be good to go straight into local and come home to the family

6. sap6369

sap6369 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Sun Prairie, WI
    I was very lucky to have a great trainer who recommended me for the Chep Dedicated acct out of Belvidere, ILL. That was all before I upgraded and was given info to read about the job offer before doing either the written or road test. I was able to speak with 2 drivers that are on the Chep acct and got some great info and advice. I took the job and love it. I start between 6-7am Mon-Fri and am usually done for the day about 2-3pm.
    My first Saturday on the job will be tomorrow, due to a truck breakdown today that put me behind. It's good pay, I get to sleep in my own bed every night and can even do some other things I love at night. I never expected a job like this when I went to orientation, but Swift has been great to me and I highly recommend Swift to anyone thinking of getting into trucking.

Lepton1 and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  7. Chino374r

Chino374r Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Cicero, Illinois
    Nice my friend works the chep account out of Melrose park ill they told him I needed at least 6 months of driving before I can get on it ...lucky you n must be nice to sleep on your own bed lol

8. FelixCode

FelixCode Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2015
    What's the pay on the account, my trainer is in connection with someone who is pouring me on the account in a couple days and I'm excited, but I'd like to know ahead of time what I will be expecting for a paycheck or if it's cmp, percentage of load, salary or hourly?

9. sap6369

sap6369 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Sun Prairie, WI
    I don't know if everyone handling Chep gets paid the same, but I get paid by the day regardless of how many hours I work. Sadly, I don't get paid for any holidays, so if I only work 4 days a week, I only get paid for those days. I'm not comfy giving out my pay as I don't know if its the same across the board for everyone on this acct. I can tell you there are many days I start at 6 or 7 in the morning and am done for the day by noon or 1 o'clock.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Hauling empty pallets?

Seems like a pretty good deal, if the pay's there.

11. kendrichand

kendrichand Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2019
    17 an hour for no experience in Kansas City

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.