Swift Conditional Letter: on the hook yet?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ayaytc, May 24, 2022.

1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I love hearing when I am right. Nice stroke to my ego. LOL.

But yeah, megas get a bad rap, but they serve their purpose. Swift is actually a good place to train, just get your CDL elsewhere if possible. England, however, is not a good place to train... anyplace that puts the order of precedence as "Lease. Train. Drive." has lost sight of what's actually important (not to mention that whole 3-trainees in a truck fiasco).

My buddy went to Swift for training, but was loyal to a fault. I got his butt out of there to drive with me in the oil fields in 2014, and he only made $37k the prior year running an account for Sears Tire. After oil crashed at the end of 2014, I told him to look around and see what's out there when he goes home for vacation and to bring all of his stuff with in case he doesn't feel like returning to ND. He's still with that company today, making $85k. The point being that he got a good, solid training base at Swift, and then moved on to make a good living. But he wasn't making a wage good enough to support his family when he was at Swift.

ayaytc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    This is why you read and research before signing anything.......it could be used with them saying, look he signed it now he's backing out, if anything, it looks to them, like you're indecisive and can't make decisions......

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I doubt any Judge would enforce a contract for services not rendered. I also doubt it was an actual contract. I’d check with Local Employment ( or unemployment) Office. Chances are you can qualify for a grant. The training will include job placement with one of the Megas. They’ll all be trying to recruit you.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  5. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    If you can make it through Swift more than a year, you will be battle hardened. Then you'll figure out Swift is trucking.

6. ayaytc

ayaytc Bobtail Member

May 24, 2022
    Thank you to everyone who responded! There was a lot of good advice here from everybody, not just related to if I was on the hook yet (I wasn’t btw) but also stuff a beginner should know.

Thanks again folks!

7. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
    Wow 8k wtf
    it was like 3500 years ago

8. Nashville

Nashville Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2022
    Millis is only $2500 if you don't stay a year...

Turtlelegs Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.