Swift crash

Discussion in 'Swift' started by dptrucker, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2010
    El Paso, TX
    Its sad to see things like that. Though the cause of the the driver losing control isnt mentioned, accidents are bad enough but when it involves the big rigs its worst. Just another example to used by those who want us off the road.

3. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    #### that's a horrible crash, pretty much a nightmare. I'd like to see what caused it before forming any opinions about the lady driver.

austinmike Thanks this.
  4. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    getting trucks off the road is moronically stupid and not feasible. these people that want trucks off the road deserve to sit naked in an empty field. without trucks no food, shelter, cars, fuel, roads to drive on, construction projects, our entire society relies on trucks in some fashion. people like that, that draw those conclusions have no idea how important trucking is.

austinmike Thanks this.
  5. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    They don't want the truck gone....just the driver.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  6. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    now if they want to blame poor training and teaming students, if that was indeed what happened here then i might agree with that. they did say that there were two people in the tractor trailer, i did not say what the relationship was between the two people.

when i was with werner, the teaming environment was forced upon me. i drove into a sheet of black ice once with the trainer snoozing in the back. i brought the rig safely to a stop but it could have been bad. when i work the trainer i told him the DOT required that we chain up to get off the highway. he says i dont know how. really? your a trainer? good grief.

it gets better, when i was first forced into the teaming environment he insisted that he drive during the day and i drive over night, not at nigh.... overnight. something like the hours of 9pm-8am. i told him i could not sleep in a moving rig at night. i had a hard enough time sleeping in a moving rig during the day. never the less he stuck in me in the drivers seat overnight and i ALMOST fell asleep. i didnt feel alert or safe at all. the next morning i told him im not doing it again. he tried to get me kicked off the truck for refusal to drive those hours. i can drive at night, the issue was sleep patterns. the fleet manager forced him to allow me to sleep at night, so i got through it safely.

i was glad it was all over, i had an unsafe experience driving otr which was one of the reasons i went local. i go to work in the morning and am home by 6pm. i get a proper nites sleep. if these two people were teaming in any way, i could see that lack of sleep could certainly be a factor.

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  7. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    remove the driver? morons. could be more accidents with a computer driven automated truck that cant respond like a human. a large number of trucks go down the road without incident.

are these morons prepared for the massive number of layoffs and jobless people that the economy could not support. remove drivers from the trucks watch unemployment figures rise to levels never seen before. these idiots so go drive around a few truck stops at night. they are packed with trucks, and every truck is at least one person with a job. then there is a very large number of trucks that are driven locally and are not at the truck stops.

i bet there is at least 1 million truckers (cdl trucks) on the road in some capacity. a million people on the road all with fairly decent salaries, we are getting rich but we aren't the ones working at mcdonalds crying for $15 per hour either.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  8. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
  9. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    then there is the staff that supports the truckers. most of the people working at truck stops would no longer be needed without human drivers that require food and other services. all you would have is a fueling station and that could be pretty much automated.

people that make these judgements arent ready for the unintended consequences of screwing over humans that need jobs.

10. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    i would agree very sad, i just hope a reasonable explanation can be found. if training is found to be at fault then i don't necessarily disagree. the article says the driver of the tractor trailer was not intoxicated. well i think its extremely unlikely that any of us would consider jumping in a truck that weights 70-80K drunk, at least i would hope that would be the case. i know i would never drive drunk.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.