Swift crash

Discussion in 'Swift' started by dptrucker, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Most recent from the CHP was 5 days ago; no drugs, alcohol or mechanical problems. They're still investigating but it appears that the driver simply lost control while merging. I suspect she made the mistake of stopping steering, driving before the crash came to an end.

Frank

fairshake Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dkalis

Dkalis Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Your sipping the hell out of your koolaid dude

Is the current transportation supply cycle important yes off course

Is it needed yes

Can America survive without. Yes
    If I was to show this thread to some random MIT genius he would spend 12 hours and find some new and innovative way to shet all over truck drivers using technology. They way this country has moved product can be read in history books, boats--horseback-railroads-trucks-automated trucks-drones...

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Talk about getting high on sugar drinks...

Automated trucks and drones?
    That isn't here yet, by a long shot!

3 days without truck deliveries and the country comes to a halt. No food or gas.
    Can that MIT genius manage that with tech that doesn't really exist yet on a practical basis?

You are living in movie la la land.

5. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    It sucks, but what are you going? Take trucks away, make them autonomous, go for it. Companies have #### training filled with student that never seen a semi or even speak English....Just another day on the highway folks

207nomad Thanks this.
  6. Dkalis

Dkalis Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    You do realize that I started by giving chronological order of ways produce was moved through history..past,present, future..

But ur right I am living in a la la land, in my head I like to be educated and actually read a book or two, for some reason when my brain reads stuff about the Industrial Revolution of 1760 (read it) then it reads of technology advances of companies like Daimler, it actually finds this information to be accurate.

But your right I'll just be simple minded and deny shet right in front of me.

Two hard facts that I'm sure you'll proclaim has false.

If you was to tell a native American 200 years ago that his spear would be replaced by ar-15/ grenade launcher, and hellfire missiles he would have told you your crazy

There are countries in this very world that manage to be alive without a truck driver in sight.. How the hell is that possible. Never mind I'll just eat this yogurt with a stick and ponder that.

Your a truck driver your not captain save a hoe. I'm not starving if you quit

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Think, really think about what you wrote. In both of your examples you changed the technology, but you didn't change the concept.

Keep in mind that poster you qouted said nothing about drivers. Trucks. You say there are countries currently operating their supply chain without trucks. How?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  8. Dkalis

Dkalis Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
  9. Dkalis

Dkalis Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    You know what my bad. I'm sitting here talking economics,technology, and the supply chain on a truckers forum. I'll go back to normal questions

Does swift do a hair test

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
  11. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    That's what rumble strips are for.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.