Swift Dedicated in SLC ?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Spincycled, Jul 5, 2019.

1. gknott1970

gknott1970 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Albertville,Al
    Yes sir,I see what you mean ! I have never worked a dedicated run nor have I worked for Swift. I have heard a few good things about both but I seem to be hearing a lot of bad things about both . I like the new truck part but the schedule sounds like I would not like that part at all! Do you know anything that might help me about Swift ? I’m trying to make the right decision for me and mine and I know truckers will always help other truckers stay clear of bull !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Most of it depends on your driver manager and the terminal you are operating from. If you get along everything will be fine.
    If not, then not.

I have had good luck with both, so I am biased in that direction.

Be reliable and on-time, and that is the key.
    Do not accept loads that push too close on time, because that leads to service failures.
    Always send a mac-22 when you will be late, but never be late of your own doing.

Oversleeping is no excuse because you should manage your time better than that. If they try to push you to run very odd hours where you can not get the rest needed, refuse the load and stand firm.
    It only takes once or twice and they will get the message.

But with dedicated stuff, you may not have the options.
    They expect you to run as they wish, no questions asked.

And we don't really run very old trucks.
    4 years or so is as old as they get.
    I have had some lemons however.
    But you do not need to run dedicated routes to get a new, or fairly new truck. That is mostly just luck as to when you get a truck and what is available at the time.

4. gknott1970

Apr 3, 2020
    Albertville,Al

Ok , thanks for information I appreciate it. With the country in the middle of this virus and shutdowns I really feel at times that this is a blessing to get this offer and then I read all the negativity toward Swift but every company out there has negative reviews,mostly from disgruntled employees that lie about things to fit their own narrative. I am trying to do my research to make a positive decision but the information that’s out there is a maze to go through so I really thank you for what you sent back to me! Be safe !

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It might be a blessing in disguise.
    What some may offer may not always hold true. Hence some of the bad reviews of Swift.

I hope you don't come back in a few months saying how bad Swift is.

6. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Th
    The best source for the answers to your questions is the recruiter or account manager at Swift. They should be able to give specific details on home time, what times you will usually run, pay and just generally what to expect. Dedicated accounts vary based on the customers needs.

7. tmb0507

tmb0507 Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Folkston, GA
    Ok based on that it would be Similar to me the main production place is in Pennington Alabama I was home every weekend usually friday leave out on monday sometimes would get home saturday morning but I was home every weekend usually drop and hooks at walmart dcs easy runs usually only hold up would be when you got paper rolls and the mill was behind wouldn't be ready but other than that light toilet paper and paper towels load so 18k loads

8. gknott1970

Apr 3, 2020
    Albertville,Al
    That sounds exactly what I was told I would be doing. I’ve picked up the rolls of paper but they were all big rolls. I’d pick up 7 to 9 rolls and my combined would be about 74300 to 76300.

9. tmb0507

tmb0507 Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Folkston, GA
    Yeah I only ever did rolls on home load occasionally cause a gp factory near my home took them. They were good about getting you home I would occasionally deadhead 360 miles to get home on weekends

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.