Swift (disagreement with company)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Behindthewheel, Dec 10, 2008.

1. vickw

vickw Light Load Member

May 10, 2007
    Edwardsville, KS
    You can usually get their qualcom code from the planner when you talk with them. Then use directed messages to communicate. Some planners are on odd shifts, so they may not be on duty. Planning terminals are Harrisburg, Atlanta, Memphis, Edwardsville, Fontana, Lathrop, Troutdale, Lewiston, Denver, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Albuquerque, El Paso, Lancaster, Laredo. The front window people can help you sometimes also, since they are the first people you see. Make sure you let them know your there to help out, and they usually will try and help you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xxpigxx

xxpigxx Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Harlingen, TX
    This is some good info . . . Thanks to all the people in this thread!

4. KGB0911

KGB0911 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Waterloo, Iowa
    Okay, wes....here is one for ya.

was taking a nap...my QC beeps. I look at it, and it is a preplan. i scroll down some more to see it is a 'load' to go to Antioch, TN to the swift drop yard. thats it. shipper and cosignee is the swift drop yard there.

i am DH to closest load.....so we'll see.

5. vickw

vickw Light Load Member

May 10, 2007
    Edwardsville, KS
    Sounds like a reposition move. That is a good start atleast.

6. KGB0911

Dec 13, 2008
    Waterloo, Iowa
    know how far i got? i was at exit 69....i made it to exit 50....two right rear blown tires on my trailer.

7. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    Sounds like someone may have forgot to do a pretrip or did not catch it on the pretrip.

Too many road service calls may get you sitting alot too.

8. davan2004

davan2004 Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Warren, MI
    Swift driver tip: If possible stay away from Ms Carrier and Swift trailers with the number starting with T (example T5XXXX). You can guarantee you will run into problems.

9. KGB0911

Dec 13, 2008
    Waterloo, Iowa
    actually, FYI, i did do my pretrip. how can you tell your brakes are hung up untill you actually roll. They werent flat when i thumped them. And it was a newer trailer with the new paint scheme.....no more than a year old.

think during the winter, i am going to buy a bucket of white paint, and paint those stripes on my tires to tell if they are turning or not. =)

and anotehr tid-bit.....this is my first onroad service call since i went solo. so it isnt like i rack one up a week.

10. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    That is a fairly good rule of thumb, though I have pulled some good T and MS trailers. Just brought a T to Denver that had "new" tires on it/

11. Lost Dutchman

Lost Dutchman Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Some of you crack me up,and also give other swift drivers a bad name.I had alot of runs thanksgiving week because of T-CALLS because whining drivers wanting to get home,WAA.Your truck drivers i think,thats what you sighned on for!Its X-MAS week and I'll say thanx for my paycheck again I'll be finishing your loads,and if your not rolling for 4 days or more you got to turn in your truck and go to the top of the list and wait.They will get you home,never turn down a load.IM OUT Lost Dutchman

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.