Swift driver training. What to expect.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sheriff1/6, Nov 6, 2012.

1. B*Rocka

B*Rocka Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Florida & Texas
    Love that your avatar is the 49ers... Hate that you posted that this is a school to avoid, I'm set to go to the school in Texas as soon as I finish my tests to get my CDL Permit... LOL!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Toric

Toric Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2018

4. Toric

Toric Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2018
    The idea is that you are in control of a massive vehicle and that it could do extreme damage. Though I've never been told this is always been the thought that one life lost is better than a while family; an adult lost is better than a child.

5. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Expect a hair test at orientation.

6. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    In my experience carriers in the area all share the same motels. So you have a lot of trucking students gathering in the lobby area each morning waiting for their shuttle.

Make sure you are on the correct shuttle.

I heard stories that Swifties love taking the KLLM shuttle because its white, I guess. They get to the classroom and then ask, "This ain't Swift?"

Don't be late for the shuttle, there's no role call and if you aren't there they will leave you behind.

I saw the Schneider shuttle #### near peel out of the parking lot right at the stroke of 6:30AM on the mark. There's no tolerance for lateness.

7. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Now that Swift is also Knight.
    Also that one of the people I trained with at my job had been a trainer at Knight.
    Now I admit. My boss may have asked him to hassle me? See how I take it and operate?
    Otherwise... I must confess. One day of that S! was enough for me. I wouldn't take more.
    Screaming at me to read the speed limit signs and start going the speed limit....when we're caught in a traffic jam and unable to do over 45mph on the freeway? Screaming at me to pull up to the corner....ignore stopping at the stop sign, before I proceed forward to look...technically running the stop sign. Screaming at me that I'm running over imaginary cars on a tight right turn...while I avoid hitting the real fire hydrant on the corner. Enough of that S! One day is more than enough!

RedRover Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.