Swift Dry Van All 48 and Canada?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by doninwooster, Mar 10, 2018.

1. doninwooster

doninwooster Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Wooster, OH
    For you Swift National Dry Van drivers, do you get pick ups and deliveries in all 48 States? I'd like opportunities to go Southwest, Great Plains and South. Also, who are some of Swifts biggest customers in OTR (not dedicated) Van and products hauled?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3523

3523 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2015
    There’s tons of freight in the southwest (headquarters is Phoenix) south and Great Plains. Swift is the biggest US trucking company so they haul everything (dry van) everywhere. As an OTR driver you will definitely get opportunities to run where you want but also expect to spend time other places like the east coast, mid west etc..

If you want to pick and choose what parts of the country to run you can do that but expect it to cut into your yearly revenue. You go where the freight is.

4. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
    :oops:
    Oops. I realized after posting that I hijacked. I'll start my own thread.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Swift has alot of accounts. Some of the places I have gone to are Wal-Mart, Costco, Lowes, target , Safeway, Ross, and more. I was on the western 11 fleet but have to e all over except I didnt go northeast by choice. I have. NEver gone into canada as a solo driver and you won' go into mexico. You will deliver to one of the border drop lots/terminals. Swift owns a company down in Mexico that will take load into/out of mexico .

6. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    My most unusual pickups was at a taxidermist in Nebraska and was at his residence. Abit tight to get into his backyard lol. Load was going to Cabela in Oregon. But I ended up tcalling it in slc terminal.
    I think I posted a report with pics on this section. Will be between 2013 to 2015 due to not remembering when j did it.
    He did a couple of full deer standing and a couple deer that was going to be put on some rocks at the store. Were does and bucks. Even did a mountain lion. And an elk head. He said it took him over 6 months to get it all done. He was just finishing the eyework on the lion when I showed up

7. Mack123

Mack123 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2018

8. Mack123

Mack123 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2018
    How due and were due they fuel and due they turn fuel cards off in between fueling

9. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Are you asking where does swift fuel? Loves, Petro and the t/A last I was there.
    The comdata card is also the fuel card. You will have to be authorized to fuel at that station.
    Swift stopped fuelling at pilot/flying j over the fuel rebate fiasco. So will.only fuel there if there is no other option.

10. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    This was all I could find about you going to a taxidermist.
    Good Night From II

11. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    If you scroll down a few post later you will see pics I added.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.