Swift Flatbed, 11 western states and Phoenix CDL training?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by GWS, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Nameless One

Nameless One Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2015
    I have no idea. I was just saying that I didn't think those other companies are what you would say " top notch". I can almost guarantee you, that of those companies mentioned, Swift will be put in the same category.

Maybe a top notch flat bed company, if you want to make it a goal, would be UPS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I was going for starter companies with a large hiring radius in flatbed. Like the thread has been based around.
    Why go to UPS and deal with their food chain anyway, I'd rather be driving haha

4. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Casanova I have been told that the flatbed division inside swift is like its own little company and very down to earth, not exactly like the other divisions of swift. Good attitude and only about 400 guys out running at any one time. I also hear that trucks are being replaced with fresh 16's and as a new guy I would probably end up getting a 14 or 15 for a first truck. Does this sound accurate to you at all?

5. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    All of the flatbed trucks I've seen we're base cascadias

GWS Thanks this.
  6. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    That's over the 10 years that they are allowed to go back for employment in safety sensitive work is it not? Or is it the requirement, but they can go further?

7. 91101er

91101er Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2016
    You seem to have u plenty of info on the flatbed division @ swift, I saw something about a buddy of yours working out of the Jurupa Valley terminal? If that's the case I was wondering would/could that still remain my home terminal if I choose to go flatbed, I live in Los Angeles and I just want to know how hometime would work or would I have to go back to AZ Everytime to drop my tractor/trailer?

8. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Yes jurupa valley will be your home terminal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.