Swift flatbed - experience requirement?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by datnewnew, Mar 22, 2017.

1. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    During the summer you can easily average 2500-3000 miles. But you gotta be good at managing your time. Give accurate PTAs (projected time of availability for next load.)

Even during the winter I didn't have to many bad weeks, still kept 2500+ average when solo. My average was 3400, but that's because I train and run supersolo. And team with the competent ones.

Flatbed runs all over. You can select a region you'd like but you'd be limiting yourself from longer runs. Our runs average 900-1200 miles.

Major hubs would be Sacramento,LA, Otay Mesa, SLC, Phoenix, Laredo, Greer SC, PA, Gary/Chicago area. And portland.

You could end up hauling anything but we do have a few contracts that are our bread and butter. Rebar, Chrysler vehicles, pipe/tubing, coils, structural steel, scrap metal, insulation, Freightliner chassis and frame rails. Just got a new contract with John deer a few months ago hauling legal loads. Generators. Wood of all varieties. Crated glass. Some stone products.

datnewnew Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    These are used to haul those vans out of Laredo tx.

Heritage11 and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  4. Palmetto_Cowboy

Palmetto_Cowboy Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2016
    South Carolina
    Whats the home time like after getting trained

5. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    1 day home for every week out. Same as most otr companies.

6. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    @datnewnew - you're questions: a recruiter.

And later you can tell us either 'THEY LIED!' or that you're getting on.

@FerrissWheel - you'd better get a stipend for being a para-recruiter. Lol.

HI, I'M BILLY MAYS!

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  7. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    I've thought about that before, I probably should. But I also wouldn't want to profit from it. All's I know is it worked for me. Is swift flawless no.

Truth is in real life I generally suggest LTL. Old Dominion, Saia, ABF, YRC, ETC...

Seems most drivers are completely unaware of the LTL option. And some of our drivers have drunk the koolaid to the point where, they try to convince me to check out this or that account instead of leaving.

Probably fall or winter I'll be looking to get out. But there is no denying, somehow I had it good where many also didn't. I generally think it has something to do with me figuring out the system really quickly.

KillingTime Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.