Swift Flu survivor

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by RaiderWolf92, Jul 5, 2018.

1. RaiderWolf92

RaiderWolf92 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Colorado
    I couldn't think of anything more creative for the title. I already posted a long rambling about my times with Swift, so I figure I should jump down here and throw out a little info on myself.

I originally tried to get along in life as a Mechanic on cars and light-duty trucks. But I quickly figured out just how oversaturated that career field is with untrained morons. So, someone like me who invested in trade school, was stuck working for #### wages while people with no formal education in Automotive get promoted past me. Simply because they didn’t need to be paid as much. Only way I could get ahead was to go back to school, and get training on Diesels. But I couldn’t afford to do so. So, after my hopes and dreams got crushed in that field and I worked myself into nearly $20,000 of debt, I started working in the parts departments for car dealers. But I always meant that to be a temporary thing, until I could find something more suitable for me. Finally, my boss at the GMC/Isuzu dealer I was at decided he was going to “Retire”, and bought himself a brand new 3500 GMC Denali, threw a 5th wheel on it, and took off to haul campers from the factories. So, one of the times he brought his truck in to service it, I started asking him about it…

Next thing I knew, I was on the phone with Swift, Schneider, and Werner asking about my options to be sent to school to get my CDL. The idea of driving all across the country was so appealing to me, and I’ve always loved big trucks, even though I didn’t know anything about them. I was in Automotive for 5 years, and all I had to show for it was a $12,000 loan from Snap-On for tools I’m not even using anymore. It was time for a change. I miss it, but it wasn’t rewarding enough for me to even think about getting out on my own. I ended up taking a job with Swift, and boy did I regret that. I already posed a two-page long rant on the “Bad Companies” forum, so I won’t go into it. Wasn’t a total waste of time, but it definitely could have been better spent. And here I am now, getting ready to start anew with CFI.

Otherwise outside of all of this, I’m a typical 25 year old gamer who loves to tinker on cars. I even own an old Police car that I love scaring people with just by driving the speed limit, hehe. And if I’m not doing that, I’m in my old lifted Jeep Cherokee roaming around in the Rocky Mountains. Got it set up like a makeshift camper inside, so I can just jump into it and head to the mountains on zero notice and be fine to stay up there as long as I like.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.