Swift Interview

Discussion in 'Swift' started by SeniorTacos, Jan 12, 2019.

1. SeniorTacos

SeniorTacos Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Thanks for the info, this really helps. I will definitely look into the recommendations @Chinatown gave me and look up other threads for more insight.

Chinatown and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    If you’re going to go Swift, do flatbed. They only have 4 flatbed terminals. PhoenixAZ, GaryIN, LaredoTX, GreerSC. Stay out of the terminals as much as possible. Flats are solo, they have a decent training program and better freight (most entry level flatbed megas are stick and brick haulers...lumber and building materials), but Swift does Sprinter vans and bus chassis and steel coils. Easy work.
    I have friends at Swift that have pulled flats for at least a decade. The flatbed side is not bad at all. Living in Phoenix, you’d get the long solo runs.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  4. weirdpuckett

weirdpuckett Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2010

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    All the terminals are now posted; keep a file.
    Thanks to @CK73

Dan.S and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  6. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Terminals are one thing. Keep in mind for each terminal is a hotel nearby with under $50 rates even on weekends.. if you say you work for Swift and have a comdata card.. Not that you need to use the comdata card to pay for the room. Listening?

Swift is a good starter company for OTR because they have the most terminals and by default.. The most hotels to take hometime if one wants to see the country and take random hometime in the 48 for cheap.

Also.. No contract. Nothing to explain here.. NO CONTRACT.

All this smack talk against Swift Knight. Take a closer look. Things change fast. My pay has increased 30% in 8 months. Swift probably has the most dedicated home weekly accounts. I will probably be leaving this year but don't write off swift as a starter company.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    lol. dont bust his bubble. he can be best in class and travel with star coffee in hand. month later he has seen nothing but black top.

8. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    so good then why you are leaving. js

9. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    27k a year. man what do you do now. i cant pay my bills under 86k yearly and home 2 full days.

10. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    check under front of trailer first. make sure everything looks good. remember to back up under the trailer a little. do not back fully under it. hook up airlines then get in the cab and push both yellow and red knobs in. then hold trolly valve down as you back under trailer. listen for the click or lock to engage. do a tug test with landing gear still down. then get out and roll up landing gear. then finish the pretrip. follow this and you will be a diamond driver in a month tops

King Michael Thanks this.
  11. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Of course, you might wanna take some of x1's diatribes with a bag of salt.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.