Swift Interview

Discussion in 'Swift' started by SeniorTacos, Jan 12, 2019.

1. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Absolutely. I figure if a new driver can get through those they’ve got a shot. Hahahahaha

homeskillet Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. weirdpuckett

weirdpuckett Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Oh....and DONT kill your trainer.......like one student did at tge Swift Academy on Corsicana , Texas......while backing up.......

otterinthewater and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  4. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    ####. That sucks

5. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yea but was it on accident or on purpose? I know some "trainers" here with my company could stand to be run over.

6. King Michael

King Michael Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Apply somewhere else. Anywhere else.

7. LarryTX

LarryTX Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Swift OTR allows you to stay out 12 days and take 2 full days off. So 11 nights on the road and 3 nights at home. That's about as good as it gets for OTR. I know many starter companies keep you out for a month, but Swift isn't one of them.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  8. LarryTX

LarryTX Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Hi SeniorTacos....I recently went through the Swift Academy (Corsicana), mentorship program, and have been solo 3 months. I'm a former driver but my million miles wasn't recent and my CDL wasn't current, so I had to begin the whole process anew.

I was very skeptical, and even a bit shameful, of choosing Swift...but I've been pleasantly surprised and am very happy with my decision. As you are probably learning, most of the naysayers are clueless about the company and are just jumping on the hate bandwagon.

It always makes me laugh when people trash today's Swift as it just shows their ignorance. They are the same knuckleheads that hated on JB Hunt a decade after they stopped their training program....they're not bad people, just a little slow.

In short, IMO Swift is a great place to start your career. Good luck to you.

faux_maestro, Moosetek13 and OldeSkool Thank this.
  9. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I've never ran for Swift. Heard a lot of jokes and bad talk about them. That being said, I would check Chinatowns options. He is very good with that. If nothing else works out, go work for Swift. You have to start somewhere. A year with them wont kill you. You'd probably learn a lot too. You seem a cut above alot of the new guys. You can spell correctly, write complete sentences that actually make sense etc. You'd do fine at Swift then you could move on. What your making for pay right now is awful. I cant imagine surviving off that. You should do much better even working for Swift. Be careful, be safe, and dont always trust your GPS if it looks fishy. Good luck!!!!

10. otterinthewater

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Thanks for the reply.

I stay out to make money. I also don’t like the negative of taking 4 days off then running into all the zero hours back when I should be on recaps. So then I have to do a 34. My DM gets me routed for 10’s at my house. That way avoid missing my family and don’t have to slow down. My wife also gets on the truck with me every so often while my son hangs with Grandpa. Works well. When I finish my first year I’ll look at options that will allow me more hometime. Doubt I’ll change, I’m happy where I’m at and what I’m making. At least until I want to buy my own truck.

faux_maestro Thanks this.
  11. King Michael

King Michael Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2018
    DO NOT "BUY' a truck or lease purchase thru a company .it's not set up for you to win.
    Even with bad credit you can buy a good used truck (under 500k miles) and with an interest rate of 9%-11% have a payment of roughly 1500 to 1600$ a month, and that includes a 3 or 4 year warranty

otterinthewater Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.