Swift Lawsuit $$$??

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Rowdy1, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I wonder if this lawsuit is won if Swift will pay me the roughly 45,000 miles I ran without pay at roughly a dollar a mile? I know the attorneys take about half but does it being a class action suit further diminish my settlement?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    It would depend on the terms of the settlement, but I do know Upper Management has been telling Office and Shop personal that they are to start implementing mandatory days off.

My friend, who's a Supervisor in Phoenix, told me it's in anticipation they they are expecting to lose millions of dollars in this lawsuit.

Another friend of mine, who's a Trailer Mechanic in Mira Loma, told me yesterday that Management told them no more Overtime and they can only work five days a week.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  4. TruckinCrazy

TruckinCrazy Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    I don't think any drivers will see the actual mileage paid, my bet is everyone involved will get a percentage of what's left after legal fees. It would be almost impossible to figure out exact miles for everyone affected. I hope I'm wrong... My bet is we will see a very small check if anything at all. I'm not holding my breath or planning on seeing any money BUT I will be extremely happy if I do get a big check.

5. boneebone

Mar 13, 2009
    Whatever the final settlement payout will be, it will be better then nothing.

6. TruckinCrazy

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    I AGREE :)

7. EatYourVeggies

EatYourVeggies Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I hope the drivers who got robbed get their fair settlement.

But the only guaranteed winners here, I reckon, are the lawyers.

8. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I have gotten a few messages over the Qualcomm with the attorneys info and stuff. But I've been worried about contacting them fearing Swift would somehow want to punish me. What do you guys think?

9. TruckinCrazy

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    I have been involved and in contact for years with no issues. I don't believe Swift knows who the people involved are because it's class action.

10. boneebone

Mar 13, 2009
    If you read the Qcomm message, it states that there will be no retaliation on Swift's part if you contact the Attorneys with any of your concerns.

11. EatYourVeggies

EatYourVeggies Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Just the same, if it was me, I'd keep it low profile and only do it on off duty time. I'd also keep close records and the quality and quantity of loads I get before, during, and after.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.