Swift Lawsuit $$$??

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Rowdy1, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I actually just contacted the attorney. Here's the deal. Right now there are 800 plaintiffs. Swift knows who is involved as the attorney stated they have a right to know who's suing them. Sometime in the next months a notice will go out to 30-80,000 drivers and they expect to have as many as 15-20,000 plaintiffs. He said I could wait and be one of 15,000 rather than one of 800. He said there are stiff penalties for retaliation but that retaliation is not unheard of and that it would be easy for your miles to sort of just dry up. The difference between 33-3500 miles a week and 2500 miles a week is the differnve between me starving or not. I'm going to wait.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

$5 off your next visit at McDs.

4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Typical class action, lawyers get millions, plaintiffs get squat.

diesel drinker and TruckinCrazy Thank this.
  5. TruckinCrazy

TruckinCrazy Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    Seems to be the way it works unfortunately.

6. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Or lawyers lose the case, and the class action plaintiffs are responsible for a portion of opposing counsel legal fees...
    It has happened before, I would look real close at the legal contract you sign to join.

7. TruckinCrazy

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    I didn't sign a contract. They originally had an opt out option when this all started but that's good advice. Never sign without reading the fine print

8. TruckinCrazy

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    I don't see anything changing in the way they pay. They are still paying short miles (city center to city center) even with this lawsuit moving forward. I drove 68 miles extra for free 2 days ago until I talked to my terminal manager today and he paid me for the miles. That doesn't always happen but it's worth talking to your DM or terminal management about getting compensation for the extra miles.

9. TruckinCrazy

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    I was wondering where your from and if you have looked into getting on a regional account. The money is a lot better. Just thought I would mention that, it might help with your income.

10. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I'm actually on a nationwide dedicated account now. I've been on a couple different accounts with swift and I do like this one. I hated Kraft which was a kind of regional and it got boring going to the same 10-15 places. Right now I average around 3400 miles spring summer and fall and about 2800 miles in the winter roughly December through February. Right now it's Friday night and I'm sitting on 2100 miles. This should be one of those 37-3800 mile weeks and then next week I'll need a reset and be around 2900-3000. That's typical on this account solo. One thing I like about this account is I can run 11 hours everyday. I typically do about 10:45 on duty. If I can do that im forced to do a 34 and never have to work on recap. If they need me to take only 24 hours off I have 10.5 - 11 hours coming to me for the next 6 days. I've about gotten this thing down to a science lol.

TruckinCrazy Thanks this.
  11. TruckinCrazy

Mar 28, 2016
    Michigan
    Sounds like it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.