Swift Lawsuit $$$??

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Rowdy1, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    I'll tell you Swift has been really good to me. That's why I get so pissed off when the ######## (troopertotrucker) who have never worked for the company get on here and bash them to new guys asking questions about going to swift school or how much pay is and stuff like that. My experience has always been positive. I went to swift school for three weeks. I went out with a mentor for 24 days and went solo. My first year as a company driver I paid off my student loan and still brought home 700-800 per week after taxes. Leasing I get around 1500-1600 per week and I'm telling you if I've called 1 I've called a hundred other companies looking for a better deal and can't find one. I've never had a job I liked but as far as working goes it could be worse than Swift. Like forced to team with a stranger for nine months like some of these other outfits. That's why I get so pisssed. I think the problem is this is a really low skill job. I know this because I was a journeyman pipe fitter for twenty years before I got cancer and the surgeons got ahold of me. I know what skilled is and trucking is far from it. Anyway being so easy a lot of people get hired on that are abosolutely unemployable in any other industry. They couldn't make money in a gold mine hence the low wage horror stories.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottlav46

scottlav46 Road Train Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Escanaba, MI
    Good on ya bro. I too get annoyed at anyone bashing an outfit they've never worked for. I do, however, take umbrage to the allusion that there's no skill in being a professional truck driver. True, there's not much in being a steering wheel holder. But some of the drivers I've met over the years, the guys I've learned from, some of the cats on here...mad respect for their skills. Just cuz you've fitted a pipe don't make you better than a trucker. Weak, dude.

Rowdy1 Thanks this.
  4. Rowdy1

Rowdy1 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Oh hey man I totally agree there are some really skilled guys out here making a killing. The owner op running his own authority managing a business strapping oversized loads etc etc. However working for a big company running drop and hook dry van and reefer frieght is remedial at best.

5. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Funny to funny ...... Easier to sue then to work .... Until you get that settlement check and your like #### why didn't I just go get a different job.

6. WitchyWomen

WitchyWomen Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    I hope we find out soon as my man was a L/O for 4 years, not with Swift anymore so Qualcom messages aside he wants his probably small share too.

7. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    What are you saying? 85% of company drivers run on "short miles".
    This lawsuit could potentially change the entire industry. If you live in The middle of nowhere sometimes your only option is a mega.
    Going to a industry wide practical mile setup would benefit many drivers.

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Yes you make a great point and well taken here. However free markets have a way of remaining free. Industry moves to paying for all miles run instead of short miles and then AVERAGE pay per mile goes from .40 cpm to .38 cpm to ADJUST for the change.

9. Truckdrv

Truckdrv Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2017

10. Truckdrv

Truckdrv Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2017
    Even in a class action a lawyer can't take all of the money. I think these guys get 25-30 % and the rest will go to the drivers. At about 500 mill thats still a lot of money.

11. Hammmerdown

Hammmerdown Bobtail Member

May 13, 2017
    Rowdy I have been talking to a Swift Recruiter. I am considering Swift as my first job because their size appeals to me. I asked the recruiter if Swift tracks mileage by hub miles , his response was no , they track mileage by the Qualcom. Could you please elaborate on that ? Are we talking straight line , GPS or what ? Thx in advance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.