Swift loads

Discussion in 'Swift' started by flymanager, Jun 23, 2018.

1. flymanager

flymanager Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Good morning. Is anybody waiting nx load right now? Last couple weeks was very slow. What’s going on?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Lmao , I'm not saying it.

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  4. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    well 2 yrs ago in January I had a layover but was January in Florida so didn't expect anything and didn't care ..... it's not even close to being slow now and if you are sitting time to find another job

5. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    You pulling reefer? That's what caused me to get smart and leave Swift. There were never any loads and every load I did get was about a 500 mile run. Get your experience (6 months at least) and find a better company to pull for. It's crazy busy out here right now. There's no reason you should be sitting.

bryan21384 and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  6. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Ah... the (much too recent) memories.

Within my first 3 months driving for Swift, my DM started sending nasty grams on the Qualcomm weekly if my previous weeks utilization was below HIS target of 2100 miles. (When I started, I told him I wanted 2800 miles, and he claimed that was awesome, no problem, etc)

Now mind you, I was never late with a load after my 3rd week solo. I was very good with my clock as I have a head for numbers.

Once I pointed out to him that it was the way my loads were planned and dispatched and NOT my driving that was causing my low miles, the nasty grams stopped. (Most weeks, I'd sit at least one day waiting to either pu or deliver, no miles, and many weeks it was more than one day waiting. )

I spent the next 6 months begging for more miles. Once my utilization dropped to 1800 weekly, (and a few other conflicts with my DM over him not having my back), I left Swift.

Swift advertises "we have the freight to keep you rolling," and if you're dedicated, they do. If you're not dedicated, best of luck to you having a budget.

I had 2 paychecks that did not even cover deductions for CDL school and health insurance. (I was non dedicated OTR.)

Really.

IluvCATS, Tolmie and scottied67 Thank this.
  7. Buckeye 60

Apr 19, 2018
    they are definitely screwing you around get a years experience better just to stick it out there but when you get your years experience can get a good job

8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Seems a bit slow here in Billings, MT today.

9. Buckeye 60

Apr 19, 2018
    well there are exceptions lol and you probably found one there

10. Buckeye 60

Apr 19, 2018
    I usually have a preplanned load a day or two before I go anywhere in the west

11. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    Try to get on a Walmart dedicated account. Some of them are so busy they will take an OTR driver for a few weeks, or even on a more permanent basis, regardless of whether you live near the DC or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.