Swift, no surprise there

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jslaven, Aug 8, 2020.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's when you get naked and buy a fan......or just take the pink slip. Freight may be down so they cut costs any way they can.....I don't know man.......there's lots of companies.....where ya going next?

alds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    I was once told I should take more care about idling when we hired a new office guy i told him I'll make sure to not idle when I go home

4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    That is funny.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

mjd4277, Matt1924 and Coffey Thank this.
  5. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    People are desperate, they need jobs.
    1) Currently, the overall unemployment rate in the U.S.A. is 16%.
    2) That is 1 out of 6 to 1 out of 7 people who are out of work, which is 41 million plus people needing a job to support themselves and their families.
    3) Some areas of the U.S.A. are much worse. My sister, who lives in New York, was telling me that some areas of the state have as much as 32% unemployment, about 1/3 of the workforce in those areas.

Matt1924 and Coffey Thank this.
  6. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    very funny

Lonesome, Matt1924 and Coffey Thank this.
  7. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    As others have noted here, you’re leaving something out. Swift is does not fire for idling. They have temperature degree sensors that allows the truck to idle between certain temperatures. You did something else in conjunction with this. My guess is you were within the temperature range where the truck won’t idle and you probably tampered with something and got caught. I knew a guy got fired from swift for connecting his own inverter to the batteries etc.

8. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
  9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    No they just hire people who will put up with it or don't know any better. The metrics suggest that putting APU's on the trucks is a cost no go zone. If the cost out weighs the benefits they aren't gonna do it.
    They already could care less about the drivers or they wouldn't pay you in a way that requires you to work 60-70hrs a week to make a living

10. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    With all the published information on the forum about Swift, there are drivers that have been with the company for many years, regardless of not having APU's or other amenities in or on the trucks.

11. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    See, when my DL told me to bring down my idle time, I just responded "it's 85 outside the cab, and 135 inside without the a/c running. You actually about to tell me to sleep in a 135 degree cab?" He dropped it pretty quick, probably due in part to the fact that I was running nights and sleeping days at the time. I honestly miss working with Jim... he was chill like that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.