Swift O/O Load Board

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MysticHZ, Feb 9, 2013.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    squeak ... when the times don't mesh, ask them if they can change the pu times and the delivery times. I've had a lot of success getting the times changed to match my schedule.

Also, I've stopped looking at the amount of miles over time, but look at the revenue over time. If I can get my revenue bogie for that amount of time, I will still take the load.

As far as bad freight, stay the heck out of the NW ... lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I tried on that one to Miami, and could not adjust the times, and it was good that I did not take it. By the time that I was mt, I had 1 hour left on my 14. The rates on the short ones with lots of time, only been about .12-/15 mile more. Almost took one the other day and waited and shortly after Swift came up with a 1600 mile load with 9k and not a lot of time. It was even out of the NW, Hermiston. I have been dealing mostly with Joe. The one thing that I hate, will call you back in 2 hours, and nothing. Again, so far, bad area for fr8, and of course this weekend, double whammy, home time and holiday.

Know what I like, book the load, know that it is FCFS with the times, and then CSR sends it to the truck as appt.

4. 62willy

62willy Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Its been over a year since the last post in thus thread. Anything new? How is it working out? My son is an O/O with swift and I'm looking at Schneider's Choice program. He said Swift offered something similar so I guess this is it. Has the freight and/or process evolved enough to make it viable?

5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

My guess is most companies with O/O resources like Schneider and Swift will opt for do-it-yourself programs. They can minimize the number of humans making contact with drivers and still derive profit from each load.

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    On my phone ... will give you my thoughts on the Swift program vs Choice later. Swift still considers thier program in a trial state ... i.e. it's still by invitation. Currently there are about 500 drivers on the program and a waiting list of 300.

7. 50shadesoffray

50shadesoffray Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Any update on this guys? Looking to make a choice between swift and schneider as an o/o. Thanks.

8. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Schneider!

100 days (and counting) left on my lease with Swift.

9. 50shadesoffray

50shadesoffray Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2015
    You'll be switching over you mean? What complaints have you had at swift? I just turned in a lease at Missouri's biggest company and purchased my own truck and am looking at these two. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

10. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    No, I saying if those are your 2 choices go with Schneider.

If you own you truck why aren't you considering Landstar?

11. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    Is this the command load program?

My trainer worked this pretty well, with it and his DM.. . We got my 200 done in 27 days.

I didn't notice much negotiations ...

Just simple phone calls "what you got?"
    And "can you back me out??"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.