SWIFT or KCPK

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Malerose, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Malerose

Malerose Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Medford Oregon
    OK, I have had it with driving a desk. I came off the road in Feb of this year after dring for SWIFT for 22 months. I have decided to go back on the road, I can not stand the desk and I miss the road. (yes I can pass a drug screan)

I have right now a couple of choices. I can go back to Swift. I left on good terms and my old DM said that he would make sure and clear the way for me to return. I had an excellent relationship with him and had a good experiance with SWIFT in general. Since I was there for almost 2 years I have been to almost all of the Terminals and I know how things work there.

On the other hand, I have been talking to a company called KCPK in Everson Washington. They are a smaller Family owned FLATBED company. 45 to 50 trucks, 48 plus Canada. I have no flatbed experiance but they are willing to train me. PLUS they have RGN's and Stepdecks and are willing to bring me along in those fields as well. KCPK Trucks have no Satalite anything, paper logs and ungoverend trucks.

Thoughts :biggrin_25525:

Thankd in advance :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Not going ice road trucking I take it ???

4. Malerose

Malerose Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Medford Oregon
    Well ..... I still want to but the family is objecting to the idea of moving to fairbanks, but I'm all for it. Dry cabins and all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.