Swift parking policy

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Lonewolf2000, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Lonewolf2000

Lonewolf2000 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    Can drivers park their cars at terminals?.
    I’m looking for an alternative to Werner since they want to bring you in on a bus and leave your personal vehicle at home. So swift or Schneider are what I’m considering for my first year. Had I known about Werner’s no personal vehicle at terminal I would not have given the recruiter the time of day. Someone on here said Schneider is okay with you leaving your vehicle but I’m wondering about swift.

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    They want you to come on a bus, so you will feel trapped and less likely to leave when you find out how crappy the contract or pay is.

S M D, bigblue19, driverdriver and 3 others Thank this.
  4. DirtyhandsMcgee

DirtyhandsMcgee Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yea swift lets you park at any terminal. It's a good place to start, plus they are cranking the trucks up to 65 later this month. Look into covenant transportation first though. I know they hire rookies and pay pretty well, only thing is you gotta drive team for 6 months. Swift just checks your pulse and gives you a truck.

5. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    No parking? The more I hear about these mega's the weirder they get.

AModelCat and WesternPlains Thank this.
  6. Lonewolf2000

Lonewolf2000 Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2017
    New York
    Good to know swift let’s you park at terminal. So swift or Schneider it is screw you werner!.By the way can you choose which terminal to go to for orientation and be based out of?. The 2 closest are Syracuse and Jonestown pa, I prefer PA even though it will take me about the same amount of time to get from home to terminal.

7. DirtyhandsMcgee

DirtyhandsMcgee Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You can choose where you want your home terminal to be, which is where orientation is usually done. Haven't been to either of those terminals. I try to stay away from terminals, as they are usually further out of the way than truckstop s and you don't get points for fueling at them.

You might wanna start a post asking which terminal is better to work out of. A lotta swift guys on here, you might get some good advice.

8. 1oldschool

1oldschool Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Never leave your pony behind. When it's time to go...It's time to go.

9. gimbel123

gimbel123 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2019
    How far away can you live from a terminal to work for swift? I live around 375 miles away from the closest listed terminal which is Lewiston, ID.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.