Swift Pay Raise

Discussion in 'Swift' started by truckertat, Apr 9, 2018.

1. truckertat

truckertat Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Does anyone have any info on Swift's new pay raise? I've been looking through the forums and am not able to find info on it yet. I heard it was supposed to be effective on March 5th? Any help is appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    The owner operator's new pay plan is on the owner login portal. Its won't be a "raise" when fuel prices drop and the FSC rebate drops with it. It is voluntary to opt-in as well.

If you're referring to the company drivers' raise, Moose will be along shortly.

Frank

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I really do not know.

I got a 3 cpm raise on the base rate. I don't know if anything else has changed. Never asked my DM for the details.

5. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Based on the ops post count, I assume he is looking for company student solo driver pay rates. If experienced (Have worked OTR for another company), just add another penny across the board.

.37/.38 dry van east/west, add 2 cents for REEFER .39/.40 east/west are current "Student" pay rates as of 3/5/18. Student means new to the industry and completed 200 hours with a trainer, and have your own truck, and have never driven for another company.

Bonuses went up.. $1000 at 10k miles, another 1k at 30k and 60k, for a total of 3k in bonuses, regardless of on time or accidents.. the student bonuses are to offset the fact that ranking bonuses do not kick in for 6 months or so. Ranking bonuses average about 5 cents per mile and do account for on time, accidents, miles, etc.

In addition to the bonuses, add a penny a mile (permanent not bonus) about every thirty thousand miles up to 100k miles.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Please!.

Swift has only one bonus system, and that is on a ranking system
    Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
    It is based mainly on miles, but other factors like on-time and accidents do have an effect.

It is a very simple system, as is the base pay rates and raises over time.
    If it has changed that much, please show me an official web page that outlines all those changes.

7. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Sorry, I only have it on a piece of paper handed to me during orientation. It seems like the only part of my post you are disputing are the bonuses up to the time new drivers qualify for the ranking system. I don't know what the old one looks like, but since they made a point to print it out with an, "Effective March 5t"h, I assume it is different, and probably better than the old bonus structure for new company drivers.

I'm happy with the first year pay after researching pretty much every company out there that trains and hires new drivers, and factoring in bonuses, benefits, and starting pay. It's probably one of the best for newbies anyway if you count the $3k I wasn't even counting on before the ranking bonuses kick in.. My recruiter didn't even mention those, but I have it in writing, believe it or not.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  8. truckertat

truckertat Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Thank you! Do you happen to know what it is for team driving?

9. highway666

highway666 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    San Pedro, CA
    Im a new driver, first company, got my own truck. I just went over 10,000 ranked miles and didn’t get a bonus. 26,000 total miles when I add my trainee miles. You sure about that 1k bonus? Hope I ain’t getting screwed

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.