Swift Refrigerated, a new journey

Discussion in 'Swift' started by GladhandSW, Apr 29, 2019.

1. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Ran that load up to Chicago without much issue. Afterwards I ran over to pick up at Tyson in Ottawa, IL. Shut down because I barely had any hours left after finishing the Chicago run. Ran the whole night the next shift to deliver at Kroger in Louisville. Honestly one of the fastest grocers I have ever been too.

Now I am sitting doing another reset because my next pick up in Alabama going to North Carolina wont pick up till tomorrow. So thought I might as well have a full clock again.

So the miles for this period will be 2380. Liberal, KS load and memorial day set me back. Oh well still happy

dptrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Week #4 1462 Miles
    Week #5 1851 Miles

Week 4 would have been higher but I had to be home the following week, so I had to take a crappy load to Moberly, MO and the next load fell on week 5 pay period.

Week 5 would have been higher but I lost good load due to Moberly, MO Walmart DC rejecting freight and having to take something else to Utah instead of California. Then having to run a load home.

Honestly I still won't give an opinion on this for a while. I want to do my best to show what I am seeing. Thing is I run hard, get places early, and deliver early. Yet I still get treated like a fresh out of school rookie and get loads with too much time on them. Thankfully I got a good DM, but when he is off things don't go well. Going to work with him more and let him know I need to see more miles. I like to stay out and want to run. If things don't improve I will be leaving in December.

4. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Week #6 2267 Miles

I am coming off of home time, as long as things go as planned I will have those miles. DM is out this week so he pre-planned me out fairly well. I guess a lot of people don't know how to run their clocks because I continue to be bugged about being on time, when I am ahead of schedule. I been doing this for 3 years, not a grizzled vet by any means, but I can run a #### load just fine.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Thats because most the ppl with swift are fresh out of school and barely passed their cdl test. Irresponsible. You and i both know and anybody else thats been out here awhile knows that managing ur logbook is the most important tool in terms of making money out here as a company driver.. But the new guys dont dont understand that yet and end up being late on every run

GladhandSW Thanks this.
  6. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    True and I figure that is why. Still annoying. My info shows my hire date. Been here for 3 years, it ain't my first rodeo. Hell if it wasn't for experience I wouldn't have made it on time for pick up on my second load.

Honestly when my preventables come off my record in December, I am looking at leaving. Don't want to be negative, but it is time for change.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Ran those two loads smoothly. Now I wait for the next assignment. Had to reject the first one due to not being able to make the times. Wouldn't make pick up or delivery on time. Planner was a little mad, but it is what it is.

8. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Did you counter the offer?

9. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Yeah, I know better than to just reject it. Planner was still mad though. The place where it picked up at is 2 hrs away and doesn't have overnight parking, my 14 was almost up too, so it would have just made everything more late. 8/2 split wouldn't have helped either.

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You know what you can do better than any planner, or computer program for that matter.
    The pencil pushers just look at numbers, but never the real world conditions.

LarryTX and GladhandSW Thank this.
  11. GladhandSW

Jun 19, 2018
    Definitely it was one of those that had to go perfect to be done.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.