Swift Regret

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Phoenix1979, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Sorry about That...I had copy pasted a website address, that title popped out, and I didn't pay attention.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    I give you a lot of credit for the truthfulness in your post. I was a nervous wreck my first month or two. Like you, I avoided backing, ect. My first load was to Brooklyn NY, which stressed me out to the max. Each day it'll get easier.

My advise, roll into a truck stop in the middle of nowhere during the day, and spend an hour or two backing. Do this each day. Don't worry about other drivers looking at you.

You can also download a truck simulater, and get familiar with steering positions when backing. If you need any advise, feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll give you my number.

If anything, you being as nervous as you are tells me you care about succeeding. It would be odd, or abnormal to not be nervous at all when you're first let out into that roads by yourself.

4. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    @88 Alpha , hope you have a speedy recovery. My daughter lost the end of her pinky 2 years ago this past March. Tripped with a bowling ball. The physical therapy involved was crazy.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I've been back at work for 2 weeks now. I've also been soaking it in Epsom Salt for a week now. That first day was not pleasant. Thought I was going to have to finally take a pain med but I persevered through it. Since then, even that doesn't bother me but it sure is looking better.

After the daily soaking, we bandage it and I head to work. I do very little work with my left hand, only gripping the steering wheel when absolutely necessary (thankfully these trucks are auto-shifts).

Through this injury, I've gotten to know my co-workers better, as well as all of the folks who work in the shipping/receiving offices of the 3 warehouses we go to. The injury itself is not something I would wish on anyone, but I've had a lot of positive experiences from it already.

Thank you for asking about it and sorry to hear about your daughter's pinky. That sounds like it was painful for her.

Lonesome and Vic Firth Thank this.
  6. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Awesome that you seem to be healing well and getting along quickly. :)

It was painful. I guess you never realize all of the things an area like that will affect.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.