Swift review, new driver

Discussion in 'Swift' started by cannonrush, Dec 7, 2015.

1. cannonrush

cannonrush Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2015
    200 hours of driving. 9.50 when driving, state minimum wage when "on duty" but not driving.

A lot of time is spent not driving. My trainer and I tried really hard to get the driving hours done quick. I drove close to 11 hrs a day, and took 34 hr breaks when needed.

It depends on your state for take home pay. California minimum wage is 9.00. I would get 350-450 take home weekly. Depends on your tax allowance too. There is no overtime pay FYI.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Greeneyes77

Greeneyes77 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2015
    I'm in CA, what state are you in ?

4. cannonrush

Nov 7, 2015
    I'm in CA as well.

5. Greeneyes77

Apr 29, 2015
    When is your training over ?

6. cannonrush

Nov 7, 2015
    I will have 200 hours in a few days

7. Greeneyes77

Apr 29, 2015
    That's good, are doing the 48 or 11 western, I'm thinking of starting next year in March . What's keeps me holding back is the money your earn while on training is not enough to cover my bills..

8. Asphalt Cowboy 33

Asphalt Cowboy 33 Highway Junkie

Dec 4, 2015
    In the HAMMERLANE
    Swift at it again

Attached Files:

9. Asphalt Cowboy 33

Asphalt Cowboy 33 Highway Junkie

Dec 4, 2015
    In the HAMMERLANE
    And again!

Attached Files:

10. cannonrush

Nov 7, 2015
    You have to do 48 while in training. I'm pretty sure swift/Schneider/crst/etc are well aware we need experience to get a good paying driving job. I've looked on Craigslist and all that. Everyone wants 6+ months experience, if not years. I didn't want to do it, and of course I don't want to work for minimum wage, but they are the only ones that let new drivers in.

All these OTR companies look the same to me now that I'm out here. All the same trailers are in every yard. Crst cr England swift knight Schneider, it's all the same Imo.

Unless you have a relative or have a connection to get a job, you have to work slave labor for a while for these guys. That's my view anyways.

I saw some swift truck yesterday smash a car on the road. I'm pretty sure swift pays tons of money for that kind of stuff all the time because of all the new drivers. So I guess it's a little give and take.

Before I applied to swift I applied to some of the local jobs and just lied about having 6 months experience on the app. They wouldn't even take me with 6. They were saying 2 years or something for the tanker job.

P.s. We had a guy in orientation who had done his training with Schneider and said the training wasn't very good. I guess he was applying for a local Amazon job through swift.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Lightside Thanks this.
  11. Greeneyes77

Apr 29, 2015
    Yeah your right no other place will hire with no experience ... Hey this company in Pomona is hiring 3 to 6 months experience starting at .45.. http://www.lexmardistribution.com/

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.