Swift review, new driver

Discussion in 'Swift' started by cannonrush, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Drivesafe757

Drivesafe757 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I will be starting swift soon I hope I don't have the mentor problems other ppl had

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Greeneyes77

Greeneyes77 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Nice man keep me update let me know how it goes.

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Where's cannonrush , what happened ?

5. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Yeah there are some butt heads out here that think they are special because they have a faster truck than most. But Swift is a really good company. When the outsiders don't really see is the behind the scenes people that are just ordinary good people doing a job that supports Swift drivers when we need it.

I've been with Swift for over 12 yrs now, started as company driver, now own my own truck through Swift. Lots of opportunities with Swift in so many different ways and places.

Trucking is a lifestyle that doesn't suit everyone, and they are the loudest complainers and critics of everything and everyone. Like the kind that don't even drive for Swift, but come onto our site and complain and run Swift and its drivers down.

I did drive for Western Express when they bought out the company I was with back then, JMAR. They treated me like poop, and I nick named them, East Coast Xpress, because that is mostly where they wanted me to run all the time. I would not recommend them, based on my actual experience with them.

Just remember once you get started, you can change and switch terminals where you will be considered out of and your DM is. You don't have to be in a term just because you live near it. You will and do have an option to change if you want to.

Good luck is all I can say,

don

A21CAV, robbiecox6 and Greeneyes77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.